Home

GillBoldberg presents "Q15"

This is a discussion on GillBoldberg presents "Q15" within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-03-2016, 01:14 AM   #1
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

OVR: 10
GillBoldberg presents "Q15"

What is Q15?

Q15 is short for quindecim, which roughly translates to the number 15 in latin. What's the significance of 15? Well, in this roster file I have created the best teams (with some personal bias) of the last 15 years, give or take. Being a somewhat younger fan of the NFL I never got to watch the great teams of the 80's and earlier first hand. While I can appreciate those older teams, I don't have a great emotional connection with those teams since I never saw them play outside of highlights. With this file I do have a connection with these teams since these are the teams I remember growing up with watching. The way people talk about Walter Payton, Earl Campbell and Eric Dickerson is the same way I talk about Marshall Faulk, LaDainian Tomlinson and Adrian Peterson. I hope younger and older fans can appreciate the more recent history of the NFL with this classic roster.

What teams are included?

I tried to have each team have a representative but some teams just didn't make the cut. There may have been some bias or more personal attachment to some teams more than others but I think this is a solid list. Arguments can be made that another year had the better team, an example would be the Falcons. Those '04-'05 teams with Vick were explosive and put up great numbers but that '02 team stuck with me the most. I'll always remember a young Vick going into Lambeau and beating Favre and the Packers in the wild card. Or you can argue the file could be filled with every Patriots season, haha.

2012 49ers
2006 Bears
2005 Bengals
1999 Bills
1998 Broncos
2013 Broncos
2002 Buccaneers
2008 Cardinals
2006 Chargers
2003 Chiefs
2006 Colts
2007 Cowboys
2004 Eagles
2002 Falcons
2007 Giants
1999 Jaguars
2010 Jets
2001 Packers
2010 Packers
2003 Panthers
2001 Patriots
2007 Patriots
2002 Raiders
1999 Rams
2000 Ravens
2012 Ravens
2009 Saints
2005 Seahawks
2013 Seahawks
2005 Steelers
1999 Titans
1998 Vikings

When will the file be available?

It's still a WIP, but I'm chipping away almost everyday. I've been wanting to do this project for about a year and a half now and I've finally decided to go all in. If everything goes smoothly I'm hoping for a release in a month or so. Along the way, if there's enough demand, I'll drop a few beta files so you can test some teams.

This might not be everyone's cup of tea but I've been itching to play with some classic teams. Superbowl rematches, battle of the great defenses ('00 Ravens, '02 Bucs, '13 Seahawks), greatest shows on turf's, the (almost) undefeated seasons ('07 Pats). Should be a fun time.

In the future I might be able to export some other teams to create some truly custom files but I want to focus on this base file first. Maybe some weird crazy fantasy franchise thing? Not sure. This will be a 2K5 roster for both PS2 and XBOX.

Hang tight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2016, 10:05 PM   #2
Rookie

ybtherockstar's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: GillBoldberg presents "Q15"

This is awesome! I can't wait for this. I Itoo grew up on football in the late 90's from around 96 till now. It'll be fun to play with these teams.
Old 01-05-2016, 12:09 AM   #3
Just started!

OVR: 0

I can't wait for this, thanks
Old 01-21-2016, 06:41 PM   #4
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

OVR: 10

I've been making some progress. Thanks to BAD_AL's research I was able to find the ID# of a lot of older players. Helpful with the late 90's early 00's teams. Not all of them work however, like Randall Cunningham, Robert Smith and Yancey Thigpen. I found their ID's but no photo or pbp. That being said, some lesser know players not in the base 2K5 game I was able to get to show up. I think it's just their photo's but it's better than nothing. DL Stalin Colinet (last played 1 game in '02, memorable to me just for his name haha) shows up, and quite a few others. Well, back to editing

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »