Home

Deleting Players in 2k5 Editor

This is a discussion on Deleting Players in 2k5 Editor within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-17-2015, 07:08 PM   #9
Rookie

inbar17's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Deleting Players in 2k5 Editor

Okay, downloaded it, and maybe I'm dumb, but for some reason I don't see all of the teams now, and by that I mean the NFL, AFC, NFC and so on...did i **** something up?

Edit: I figured it out, now I'll work on what you said!

Last edited by inbar17; 02-17-2015 at 07:11 PM.
Old 02-17-2015, 07:15 PM   #10
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

OVR: 10

Okay wow, in all my years of using this I never realized you can see those teams in the editor haha.

Go to options, make sure "Show All-Time Teams" is selected, and you should see a bunch of teams.
Old 02-17-2015, 07:18 PM   #11
Rookie

inbar17's Arena

Yep, and those are the teams I'm trying to edit haha
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2015, 07:21 PM   #12
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

I would be careful if you're doing the copy/paste thing on those teams. Those players on those teams aren't copies of the originals, so if you pasted Steve Young over a Ray Lewis for example, Steve would be on both the Niners and Ravens.
Old 02-17-2015, 07:23 PM   #13
Rookie

inbar17's Arena

Yeah, that's part of the problem. I can't change names because it affects the original players. I want to find a way to just switch which players are on the teams, but I can't figure it out. It just might not be possible to truly edit these teams
Old 02-17-2015, 07:46 PM   #14
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

Yeah, it's tough, but possible.

You can right click on a team and export as --> excel sheet. Then use that list as players that you need to replace. Or just simply look at the team in the editor, whichever is easier.

So what I would do is make a copy (or multiple copies for safety) of your current file, and open it along with the original copy in the editor, so you have 2 files open.

If I'm looking at the NFC roster, and want to replace the first player in the list with Steve Young. What I would do is in your original file, right click Steve Young, copy him. Find whatever player is top of the NFC list and paste exact copy over that player.

Now in your backup file that you have open, you're going to right click and copy that NFC player that we pasted over in the original file. Copy him, and then jump back to the original file and paste over the SF version of Steve Young. Now these players will be on the wrong teams, so in-game you'll have to manually move them around. But you should have the correct players on the NFC/AFC teams eventually if you do it this way. Also look out for the red text if you're noticed weird names.

So basically you're just swapping them, but in a weird copy/paste, multiple file way.
Old 02-17-2015, 08:12 PM   #15
Rookie

inbar17's Arena

Ah, I understand. This will be time-consuming haha.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2015, 08:31 PM   #16
Rookie

inbar17's Arena

Question real fast, as I'm swapping out the players, should I still change their names if there is red text?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »