Home

Old 03-27-2014, 12:21 PM   #1
Rookie

ybtherockstar's Arena

OVR: 6
Max Drive

Does anyone know where to get a cheap Action replay max drive that comes with both cd's so I can get rosters for my ps2?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2014, 02:18 PM   #2
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Max Drive

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trks...at=0&_from=R40

this is the one I used to use. The PC software disc is useless, you really just need the ps2 disc and any normal usb drive/stick.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:29 PM   #3
Rookie

ybtherockstar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillBoldberg
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trks...at=0&_from=R40

this is the one I used to use. The PC software disc is useless, you really just need the ps2 disc and any normal usb drive/stick.
Okay thanks, how would I use a regular usb? I thought you could only use the max drive one.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:59 PM   #4
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

I think they force you to use the max drive one because of their cheats system. They have all the cheats loaded onto the drive, so that's why they force you to use it. Correct me if I'm wrong since I've never had one. But just transferring saves between the ps2 and pc you can use any ordinary usb drive. Using my fat ps2, I've been able to use a normal usb stick, my portable hd and even my old psp without any problems.

If you do pick one up, just send me a PM if you need any help with it.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:10 PM   #5
Rookie

ybtherockstar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillBoldberg
I think they force you to use the max drive one because of their cheats system. They have all the cheats loaded onto the drive, so that's why they force you to use it. Correct me if I'm wrong since I've never had one. But just transferring saves between the ps2 and pc you can use any ordinary usb drive. Using my fat ps2, I've been able to use a normal usb stick, my portable hd and even my old psp without any problems.

If you do pick one up, just send me a PM if you need any help with it.
You're right, there are a lot of cheat codes on them. So basically I just need that media max cd and my current usb can work with transferring saves from pc to my ps2 right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2014, 07:25 PM   #6
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

Yeah. Like I said, I've used a bunch of different usb devices and have had zero problems.
Old 03-28-2014, 04:25 PM   #7
Rookie

ybtherockstar's Arena

Okay is there a certain way I need to format the USB in order for my PS2 to recognize it?
Old 08-11-2014, 07:41 AM   #8
Rookie

blackadder33's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybtherockstar
Okay is there a certain way I need to format the USB in order for my PS2 to recognize it?
I just plugged in my old 120MB USB MaxDrive stick to check the format and it says FAT16.

So if you want your stick exactly like the MaxDrive FAT16 format you'll probably need some utility that formats media in that mode (I don't think Windows7 does, not sure I just know it doesn't do FAT32). I formatted a couple of my old external USB drives in the past in FAT32 mode using "EASEUS Partition Master Free for Home Users" so I imagine that would be a simple easy choice to format a drive in FAT16 mode too. Or just Google around, there might be some better utilities out now, haven't used that program in a while. Hope that helps bro.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »