Home

PS2 transfer?

This is a discussion on PS2 transfer? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2013, 10:30 PM   #9
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: PS2 transfer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rens1965
I've picked up my Action Replay Max memory utility disc off ebay for $11 and i've seen a few on sales over the past few months.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ACTION-REPLA...item5d38a3f58d
i have the disc but mine is black and grey and it says for playstation 2 on the disc.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:44 PM   #10
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

OVR: 10

I'm sure you already tried, but maybe a format would work? I know in another thread someone had a similar problem and it turns out not all AR Max's (small %) are compatible with generic usb sticks.

Also, is your stick being recognized? But just not the .max? Are you sure you unzipped the max file from the zip file? Sounds dumb but some people forget to do that.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:14 PM   #11
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillBoldberg
I'm sure you already tried, but maybe a format would work? I know in another thread someone had a similar problem and it turns out not all AR Max's (small %) are compatible with generic usb sticks.

Also, is your stick being recognized? But just not the .max? Are you sure you unzipped the max file from the zip file? Sounds dumb but some people forget to do that.
hey bro, first wanna thank you for taking to the time to do a 2013 set for everyone that still plays 2k5 of ps2, that is golden!

now i did try a format my drive as it was in fat 32 ( default ) i tried ntfs and it still did not recognize it. now funny thing ( i downloaded a save from gamefaq ( enter the matrix ) and it did find it and it had like a little pipe wrench/ zipper icon, but that was all it found.

To my understanding it is working, when i put it into the ps2 it has like a little flashing light on it, but once in and i tried to search it would stop flashing and disappear in the ar max menu?

now im very green to this still, so you'll have to excuse me, but when you say unzip, what do you mean? i know you mean to unzip the file, but im saying the file i downloaded already seems to come unziped as a in example ( name of file.max ) now unlike on ps3 if i wanna load anything on there i have to make a folder in example ( PS3 --> SAVEDATA --> usually something like BLSU456 and some numbers, and i take that whole folder and load it, and usually everything works out ok. is that what needs to be done possibly to the ps2? or is it literally taking the.max file placing it on the usb stick, turning on the ps2, placing ar max in the drive, wait for it to load, go to memory card section, click the usb to the right, select the file in the left frame window, and copy it to the mem card on ps2?

sorry for the long description, but you guys have me very excited to play this game, my cousin gave me his ps2 over the weekend and 2k5 was the first game that came to mind, i come check out os and find all this great stuff you guys are doing, it's just awesome! really proud of you guys, this site is awesome man!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2013, 11:35 PM   #12
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

Sounds like your stick is working, just weird that it won't find the save. I know sometimes it takes a bit for the file to show up when you're in the AR menu's.

Yeah you have the right idea. It's much easier than the PS3; just put the .max file onto the stick and you're good to go. No special folder names or anything.

Small tutorial (2nd part)
http://www.gamehoof.com/2006/06/06/c...d-games-to-pc/
Old 05-30-2013, 09:35 AM   #13
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

Quote:
Sounds like your stick is working, just weird that it won't find the save. I know sometimes it takes a bit for the file to show up when you're in the AR menu's.

Yeah you have the right idea. It's much easier than the PS3; just put the .max file onto the stick and you're good to go. No special folder names or anything.

Small tutorial (2nd part)
http://www.gamehoof.com/2006/06/06/c...d-games-to-pc/
HEY ty guys for all the help, it turned out to be just as you guys said, the Kingston usb sticks i had didn't work, i tried a micro center usb and it worked!!! ty for the roster file it looks and plays great. are there other updates for the game or a site i can look on for classic ps2 rosters? it is so great to see 2k14 playing on this game. gonna look for some sliders for hum vs cpu as well unless you guys have some recommendations?

ty again its great to have current rosters on here!
Old 05-30-2013, 04:35 PM   #14
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

There's some classic rosters at http://www.nfl2k5rosters.com/2k5playstationrosters.html

For sliders, I have some I use posted in my roster thread. If not experiment with some in the sliders forum.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:45 PM   #15
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

Quote:
There's some classic rosters at http://www.nfl2k5rosters.com/2k5playstationrosters.html

For sliders, I have some I use posted in my roster thread. If not experiment with some in the sliders forum.
ah man thats great, ty alot man! only problem i had was, it wouldn't allow me to move alot of the classic rosters because it would say that file was already on the card, the files are named the same, i guess through code, and theres no way to rename them on ps2?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2013, 11:12 PM   #16
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

I'm guessing the files are converted from xbox saves, and when you convert you have to have a "base" file. The same "base" file must of been used for a few of the saves, that's why you get files with the same name. Hope that made some sense lol. You'll probably have to re-save them in-game as new saves to officially rename them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »