Home

Old 02-17-2012, 06:40 PM   #1
Rookie

bigdaddykraven's Arena

OVR: 4
Franchise Rosters

Hey I'm new to the NFL 2K5 roster updates. Haven't played NFL 2K in a few years and after playing this years Madden (after taking 2 years off from Madden) I decided I'm done with getting fooled but new ames. Madden was close but the 50 ft db/lb verticals and crappy presentation drew me back.

That being said, I've looked around and saw various things about rosters and downloaded a set from the 2k5rosters.com site for 2011-2012 season. I downloaded the standard, newest, roster and my game always freezes after simming the first week of the pre-season.

Since I'm doing franchise I figured I needed to use the Franchise roster even though it isn't as up-to date. However I've heard some people saying that you have to have team control on for all teams? Is this true? Basically I just want to now whats best route to go with if I want to play a Franchise with new rosters.

Thanks, sorry for the noob questions I just want to get it right so I can start playing a REAL football game again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2012, 10:54 PM   #2
Pro

chibears96's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Franchise Rosters

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddykraven
Hey I'm new to the NFL 2K5 roster updates. Haven't played NFL 2K in a few years and after playing this years Madden (after taking 2 years off from Madden) I decided I'm done with getting fooled but new ames. Madden was close but the 50 ft db/lb verticals and crappy presentation drew me back.

That being said, I've looked around and saw various things about rosters and downloaded a set from the 2k5rosters.com site for 2011-2012 season. I downloaded the standard, newest, roster and my game always freezes after simming the first week of the pre-season.

Since I'm doing franchise I figured I needed to use the Franchise roster even though it isn't as up-to date. However I've heard some people saying that you have to have team control on for all teams? Is this true? Basically I just want to now whats best route to go with if I want to play a Franchise with new rosters.

Thanks, sorry for the noob questions I just want to get it right so I can start playing a REAL football game again.
Well i've played default rosters with Rspencer sliders and rules controlling 1 team. Now what you could do is use Finn's editor to control teams during the offseason and drafting and switch back to your normal team. The way I look at it is every game has flaws and I just deal with them I have fixes for so many things and this game QB play, run game, playbooks etc and maybe I expect too much from the greatest game of all time. So as of recently I just control one team and move on from there. As far as freezing when I used the NFL 2k history program to make historic files It would sim perfectly well years in the franchise. So that wasn't the issue I believe FunNGun is making a franchise file of his own and I'm pretty sure it doesn't have this problem so you might have to wait until he is done.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »