OVR: 5
Re: 1993 season

gotcha ill just wait for what u have combined with my fixes
Old 08-23-2011, 03:50 PM   #10
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

Okay, here is the fixed version of the roster.

1. I added the Giants back in (that sucked)

2. Added about 180 PBP names (that blew)

3. Got rid of the four non-existent teams (because for some reason I thought I was working on the franchise and didn't want them in there. Realizing it was the roster later also sucked, but to a lesser extent).

__________________________________________________ __________
Suirad- To get the Giants, right click on these Giants and export them. Then do the same in the franchise and import them. Do this first.

You should be able to export this roster data file and import the PBP and Photo index only in the franchise file to get he corrections to those. You'll have to scroll down the teams' PBP category though and make sure the players using just last names are "created" (they have the box checked under their names) and not "default". Other wise the first names will be announced too.

To get he four non-teams out of there, there is a little more work. You have to go through each player and make sure his name isn't red first. Otherwise, when you import the teams, you'll be writing over a ton of guys' names. Once you change them to black, just export these Jags and paste over those jags, etc.

Fun stuff....

The other thing you could do is scrap your old franchise. Export the schedule, start a new franchise with this file and import that schedule into this file. That might be a whole lot easier.

EDIT: Actually, I just checked out that schedule and it is pretty messed up.Six teams have only 15 games scheduled. Try using the history program to create the schedule and import that into the game. If you didn't change the divisions at all, you can easily just delete the 4 non teams games too before saving it from the history program.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_1993roster1.zip (235.0 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by dophin26; 08-23-2011 at 03:57 PM.
Old 08-23-2011, 05:03 PM   #11
Rookie

did u simulate to the end of the season to count the number of games as mine has all 16 for all teams. and i did use the history program but for that season the home away games where listed backwards thats what took me so long on writing the schedule never mind i posted a older file ill post the new one with implemented changes to giants and i didnt touch the 4 teams because they r not scheduled in chise anyway

Last edited by suirad; 08-23-2011 at 05:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2011, 10:17 AM   #12
MVP

dophin26's Arena

Okay... my obsessive/compulsive behavior kicked in and I've done the franchise too. It is posted below. Suirad- I'd make any changes you want to make and replace the ones in the first post, so people get the correct file. Let me know when things are finalized too and I'll get them posted on the website.

WHAT I DID:

-I took the roster file and started a franchise with it.
-I added the 1993 schedule to it. Suirad was right- they had 2 bye weeks and that of course messes up about 6 teams' schedules. I moved those games to other weeks (none shared a bye week, so 3 teams will have to play two games in one week- no way around it).
-I checked all teams have 8 home and 8 away games.
-I upped the salary cap so there should be no problems during the season. 4 teams were in the negative and that could cause problems.
- I simmed a season w/out problems. The Oilers lost to the Falcons in the Super Bowl.
- I used my settings. Suirad- you may want to change them to your liking. I know in the one game I played yesterday (as Rams), I got my butt kicked by Montana and the Chiefs.

WHAT I DID NOT DO:

- I didn't touch FAs or Draftees. They are from the 2004 season.
- I didn't change divisions for teams. They are the 2004 divisions.
- I did not touch any ratings. Only PBP names and PHOTOS.
- I didn't mess with subs or playbooks. Suirad- you mentioned you were going to do that.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_1993Franch.zip (265.5 KB, 8 views)
Old 08-24-2011, 10:26 AM   #13
Rookie

i appreciate this dophin. i think the one i posted on the first page is a lil better overall as it has the subs and all my player edits ive updated since first posting. free agents are there but no draftees I MAY DO THAT LATER. pbp names are almost all there except for some i have to check the box on. i would take yours but those player subs were a pain to do and i dont wanna do those again. thank u for your efforts either way i dont care which the community uses as long as they get 1 of them. u can post which ever u like best and add your name to it to my friend as u have supported me 100%
Old 08-24-2011, 10:30 AM   #14
MVP

dophin26's Arena

Found guys w/out numbers:

Joe Mayhew (couldn't find him), Michael Barber (86) and Ivory Lee Brown (33)
Old 08-24-2011, 10:34 AM   #15
MVP

dophin26's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by suirad
i appreciate this dophin. i think the one i posted on the first page is a lil better overall as it has the subs and all my player edits ive updated since first posting. free agents are there but no draftees I MAY DO THAT LATER. pbp names are almost all there except for some i have to check the box on. i would take yours but those player subs were a pain to do and i dont wanna do those again. thank u for your efforts either way i dont care which the community uses as long as they get 1 of them. u can post which ever u like best and add your name to it to my friend as u have supported me 100%
Are you talking about the roster or the franchise? If it is the roster, you should at least re-import the PBPs and PHOTOS from my roster as I found 150-200 that needed to be done. All it would do is add more to your file. I USED YOUR FILE FOR THAT.

BTW- I did notice the FAs in the file I posted are 1993 FAs. My bad on that.

EDIT: I just checked your file. You must have replaced the old files w/new ones. It looks like you used the roster I posted earlier (I noticed a bunch of photos you hadn't added are there).

I see you fixed the schedule too. I am going to run one more PBP check and then I'll get them up on the site.

EDIT 2: On checking names. I found many that are last name only, but the boxes are checked and the names are in red (example: GB's Charles Davenport has Najeh Davenport's PBP, bu the box isn't checked).

I spent about 6 hours checking all those and making it right yesterday. I'd seriously consider using those files.

Last edited by dophin26; 08-24-2011 at 10:49 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2011, 11:34 AM   #16
Rookie

ok ill use yours ill; do the playbooks over again as i need some suggestions on playbooks particularly for the oilers and falcons

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »