Home

Memor32 -- Anyone else using this?

This is a discussion on Memor32 -- Anyone else using this? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-14-2011, 06:54 AM   #1
Rookie

dogeatery's Arena

OVR: 2
Memor32 -- Anyone else using this?

First, hello to all of you guys. I haven't been here for more than a year because I moved to Korea and haven't had any video games since I got here. I recently picked up a used PS2 (fat version) and of course the first thing I wanted to do was play NFL 2K5.

Anyway, I was looking around for AR Max but had a hard time getting one here in Korea. While nosing around, I found something called Memor32, a 32MB memory stick with a USB slot on its side. Apparently it works similarly to the AR Max but without the need for a swap CD. Just download and install the firmware from their Website and you're good to go. Here's their website.

Now my only problem is unpacking an AR gamesave on my computer, so that I can transfer it via USB. Or is that a lost cause?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2011, 01:44 AM   #2
Rookie

dogeatery's Arena

Re: Memor32 -- Anyone else using this?

Wow, 49 views and no replies?

If I find a way to unpack AR Max-compressed data without AR Max, I'll be sure to provide a link here
Old 02-18-2011, 07:46 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

This should do the trick:
http://www.ps2savetools.com/download...ownloaddetails

However, the files produced from it would probably be useless to you unless you have softmods for your PS2.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:24 PM   #4
Rookie

dogeatery's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fig-Newton217
This should do the trick:
http://www.ps2savetools.com/download...ownloaddetails

However, the files produced from it would probably be useless to you unless you have softmods for your PS2.
Dude, this site is sweet! Thanks!

Did a little digging and found this:

Quote:
Memor32 Save Game Manger update

The Memor32 guys have been hard at work and just released another update to their saves managing software, the Memor32 SGM.
The main addition in this release is support for importing .max saves, opening up the multitude of freely available saves for direct use with no conversion needed.
Watch out for further updates, Vista support should be coming very soon!
I think it will work out just fine. The good thing about the memory stick is that it can run homebrew software -- this review makes it sound like a wonder-stick.

My only problem: As of 2007, it won't run in Linux with WINE. I'll still test it since WINE is now a stable v1.x, but I will otherwise have to use my girlfriend's Win7 computer.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:27 PM   #5
Rookie

dogeatery's Arena

Quote:
My only problem: As of 2007, it won't run in Linux with WINE. I'll still test it since WINE is now a stable v1.x, but I will otherwise have to use my girlfriend's Win7 computer.
Good news! PS2 Save Converter appears to work in WINE on Ubuntu Linux. BTW, the program is dead simple to use and supports a good range of file types.

Damn I can't wait to get my game and Memor32 stick in the mail!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2011, 02:51 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Good for you man..

A while ago, I had a problem in which I needed to unpack the AR MAX save as well.

The problem was not the fact I did not have AR MAX, but rather that the drivers for the AR MAX software sucked!! It was acting like a jerk when I tried to copy saves on it because it didn't like my flash drives.

Then I found some "software" for my PS2 (which I will not discuss keeping in mind the rules of this site) in which I could copy the unpacked saves from the PS2 Save Builder program straight to my PS2 using the flash drives I couldn't use before.

Good stuff.
Old 03-26-2011, 11:53 PM   #7
Rookie

dogeatery's Arena

More Memor32 info

Just an update for anyone interested in using Memor32.

I had trouble getting the Memor32 software to run in Linux under Wine, even though their Website includes Linux-specific archives. Being lazy, I just hopped on my girlfriend's Win7 computer and got it going straight away. I am disappointed by its limitations. It won't import .psu saves for Playstation2, only two formats: its own .m32 software and .max saves.

The good news is that with .max files it is 100% compatible. If you need to get a file working, just convert your file type to .max with PS2 Save Converter listed above, stick it on Memor32 and then plug it into your PS2 and it works flawlessly.
Old 04-19-2011, 03:52 PM   #8
Banned

HAS anyone else tried this? and for those who have, is it still working Ok?
I am thinking of getting it...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »