Home

1988 Roster and Franchise Thread

This is a discussion on 1988 Roster and Franchise Thread within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-21-2011, 09:37 PM   #17
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: 1988 Roster and Franchise Thread

Seattle Seahawks and Denver Broncos finished.

* Seattle won the division at 9-7. Curt Warner gave the last of his decent efforts this season and Dave Krieg made the Pro Bowl. It's also the first year without SS Kenny Easley and the beginning of the Boz's surgeries that will end his career early.

* Denver slipped this season after winning the division the past two seasons. Elway had some trouble and the defense couldn't stop the run at all, so they ended 8-8. I still have a little tweaking work to do with Denver, but Elway and the three amigos are still really dangerous.

Last edited by dophin26; 02-23-2011 at 09:32 AM.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:31 PM   #18
MVP

dophin26's Arena

Oakland Raiders are finished.

Played against them with the Broncos (in Denver) and was getting spanked early. It was a game that just about everything that could happen, did. I fumbled a kickoff, threw a few INTs, got sacked a half dozen times, had a FG doink off the upright, etc. In the third quarter, I was down by 24. Then the comeback started. Elway began to run and throw with precision. It was like he just decided to play in the third. He ended up with 106 yards rushing and 280 passing and brought the Broncos back and tied it up at 31-31 with a minute left. The Raiders managed to get within range and kick a 41 yarder that just went wide.

We went into OT and Oakland won the toss. They used 10 plays to get to field goal range. They kicked a 41 yarder that just edged inside the uprights and I lost 34-31. Quite the game. After being down 31-7, it sort of felt like a win.

Anyway, almost there. Might have the teams done by the week's end, but then it's all the other stuff (FAs, schedules, draftees, etc.)
Old 02-26-2011, 12:45 PM   #19
MVP

dophin26's Arena

Chargers are done.

I think I may have nailed them right off the bat, which has been a challenge with this division. Mark Malone is at the helm, if that tells you anything about the state of the Chargers. HB Gary Anderson (anyone remember the Tampa Bay Bandits when this guy was awesome?) had 1000 yards this season. Lionel "Little Train" James fades into obscurity and an low-drafted, unknown receiver (Jamie Holland) led the team in receptions.
The defense was okay, with Billy Ray Smith and DE Lee Williams leading the charge.

__________________________________________________ ___

I played one game with them against the Seahawks. I lost 24-10 and had 7 turnovers. Five of them were fumbles, including two by James. Two of the turnovers were inside the Seahawks 5 (1 on the goal line). I had some chances, but made some crucial errors that only this team could make.
Old 02-26-2011, 02:48 PM   #20
MVP

dophin26's Arena

Man, another good one. I played as the Raiders at the Chargers.

San Diego was unstoppable for a quarter and a half and took a 31-10 lead into halftime, helped by two more lost fumbles by me.

Schroeder came back in the second half and in the fourth quarter, down 38-31, I had a 4th and 1 on the SD 20 with 1:30 to play. I decided to go for it and plunged Marcus Allen into the line (no one better at getting one yard, right?) Wrong! Gary Plummer and Leslie O'Neal stuffed Allen and the sticks showed I missed it by inches.

I did manage to hold them and get the ball back, but Schroeder threw an INT on the SD 35 to end it.
San Diego 38, LA Raiders 31

Jay Schroeder: 25 of 51, 411 yards, 3 TD, 3 INT
Mark Malone: 11 of 20. 271 yards, 3 TD, 1 INT

Marcus Allen: 10 for 33 yds, 0 TD, 2 FUM 7 rec, 68 yds, 1 TD
Bo Jackson: 10 for 48 yards, 1 TD
Gary Anderson: 28 for 90, 2 TD

Todd Christensen: 4 rec, 113 yds, 1 TD
James Lofton: 4 rec, 81 yds
Jamie Holland: 4 rec, 95 yds, 1 TD
Quinn Early: 3 rec, 71 yds, 1 TD
Anthony Miller: 3 rec, 64 yds, 1 TD

Last edited by dophin26; 02-26-2011 at 02:55 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:07 PM   #21
MVP

dophin26's Arena

KC is finished, at least the first version is complete. I just played as the Chargers against the Chiefs and got smoked. The 4-11-1 shouldn't be smoking anyone. The Chiefs were terrible against the run, but managed to shut down the San Diego running game. Anyway, a 31-14 loss (and it wasn't that close) means double-checking my numbers and then... it's on to franchise mode!

UP NEXT:

1. Create the franchise. < DONE
2. Create the schedule < DONE
3. Check over the FAs < DONE
4. Create the draftees (for Sportscenter and Mel) < HALF DONE
5. Web page

These steps go pretty quickly.

Last edited by dophin26; 03-01-2011 at 08:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2011, 09:05 PM   #22
MVP

dophin26's Arena

Well, I got a playable franchise going today. The FAs were adjusted, divisions decided upon, schedule created and half of the draftees are created (the offense).

I simmed through 5 single seasons and had two freezing issues. I adjusted two depth charts that I thought might be in conflict and so far, so good. I started to test a franchise as the Dolphins and played the first game against the Bears. I lost by 10 and couldn't stop the Chicago rushing game at all.

I am hoping to have some good news about a release date in the near future.
Old 03-05-2011, 01:47 PM   #23
MVP

dophin26's Arena

MAJOR SETBACK - UPDATE

Well, I am still having problems with my franchise file and I won't release it buggy. I am getting freezes in different weeks with different teams. Pretty frustrating stuff.

I sent the file to Finn to see if he can identify what is going on. Hoping for some help on that front. I thought perhaps my xbox was just getting bad, so I pulled out xbox #2 and fired it up on that. Remarkably, I simmed the season 6 times without a freeze. I decided to switch hard drives (since EVERYTHING is on the other one, including all my music I don't want to have to redo). That didn't work. I saw the red ring, so I switched it back (they weren't the same type of hard drives, so I'm guessing that was the problem there). I did, however, switch the dvd drive and that made no real difference, so I'm guessing it must be the file. Weird how it can sim the entire season sometimes and other times it freezes.

Anyway, I am waiting to see if I hear back. Otherwise, it's going back to square one and trying to export/import all the teams, redo the schedule, blah blah blah...

On the other hand, I do have a playable roster ready to go
Old 03-05-2011, 02:52 PM   #24
Rookie

Silentway's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dophin26
MAJOR SETBACK - UPDATE

Well, I am still having problems with my franchise file and I won't release it buggy. I am getting freezes in different weeks with different teams. Pretty frustrating stuff.

I sent the file to Finn to see if he can identify what is going on. Hoping for some help on that front. I thought perhaps my xbox was just getting bad, so I pulled out xbox #2 and fired it up on that. Remarkably, I simmed the season 6 times without a freeze. I decided to switch hard drives (since EVERYTHING is on the other one, including all my music I don't want to have to redo). That didn't work. I saw the red ring, so I switched it back (they weren't the same type of hard drives, so I'm guessing that was the problem there). I did, however, switch the dvd drive and that made no real difference, so I'm guessing it must be the file. Weird how it can sim the entire season sometimes and other times it freezes.

Anyway, I am waiting to see if I hear back. Otherwise, it's going back to square one and trying to export/import all the teams, redo the schedule, blah blah blah...

On the other hand, I do have a playable roster ready to go
I usually just start a franchise with the roster file because I like being able to set my VIP to the team I'm controlling... so the playable roster would be fun for me :-P

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »