Home

Player name audio lost after editing rookie, help...

This is a discussion on Player name audio lost after editing rookie, help... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-09-2011, 07:01 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Player name audio lost after editing rookie, help...

Hey everybody, I have rookie edit on, and when I edit gear on the rookies, the player's name audio is lost and becomes his #. I have the original espn 2k5 save franchise, no updated roster or editor or anything. Just using my ps2 memory card reader on my ps3. Is there a way for me to regain the player's name audio? IE. Chris Berman and the game announcers...
It would be great if someone knows either way. I hate when a guy has a simple name that is definitely in game and they call him only by #. BTW I didn't edit any of their names.
thx...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2011, 10:05 AM   #2
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Player name audio lost after editing rookie, help...

If it is not a generic last name the game has in it's database (one that says "last name found!" when you put it in), then it will be lost. Those guys are players that had their name assigned in the editor and likely had the little check box next to their name checked to only have the last name spoken.

Up until recently, there was no way to separate those first and last names. Finn discovered a way to allow just the last name to be said (different points in the game, I think) and added the check box in the editor, which opened up a lot of new name opportunities.

THE FIX: is easy. Load the file in the editor, bring up the player, and check the little box next to the last name. That should do it.

Be sure neither the first or last name is red (shared). That can cause problems. If it is, just click on it, find a name not being used, click on it and change it to the person's name. It should no longer be red and you can check the small box (which just says the last name).
Old 01-09-2011, 11:00 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dophin26
If it is not a generic last name the game has in it's database (one that says "last name found!" when you put it in), then it will be lost. Those guys are players that had their name assigned in the editor and likely had the little check box next to their name checked to only have the last name spoken.

Up until recently, there was no way to separate those first and last names. Finn discovered a way to allow just the last name to be said (different points in the game, I think) and added the check box in the editor, which opened up a lot of new name opportunities.

THE FIX: is easy. Load the file in the editor, bring up the player, and check the little box next to the last name. That should do it.

Be sure neither the first or last name is red (shared). That can cause problems. If it is, just click on it, find a name not being used, click on it and change it to the person's name. It should no longer be red and you can check the small box (which just says the last name).
Hey thanks for the reply... unfortunately I didn't use the editor. Just the original game out of the box... Is there any other way you know of?
Old 01-10-2011, 03:16 PM   #4
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

That is the only way to fix that issue.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:00 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dophin26
That is the only way to fix that issue.
Hmm, ok thanks. Unfortunately, I have not downloaded the editor... I did download a couple of ps3 updated rosters (not the one in question). So how would I do what you described? (step by step would help). Thanks so very much...
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »