Home

Old 07-28-2010, 09:31 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Draft

I'm a little late to this party but i have had enough paying for a game that hardly ever makes any advancements. Although NFL2k5 isn't perfect it plays a much better game of football and the support of this community is amazing. That said I have been downloading some sweet rosters to play with but am confused on how the draft works when these rosters have every team as user controlled. How do I draft for only one team? Do I have to draft for all teams?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2010, 11:01 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 14
Re: Draft

Hey, first thanks for at least giving the game a try. In regards to your question, you should really download Finn's Editor if you have not already. Its a really important part of what makes what we do possible. Instead of controlling all the teams, which i assume you don't want to do, open up Finn's Editor and go to the team you want to control. After you get there "right-click" where the word "user" is located. After you right click there should be some options for you that pop up. Select the option that says "Control this team only" Save and exit. Transfer that file to your console and once you load, you should now only be responsible for team in the Franchise.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:18 PM   #3
Rookie

Thanks for responding Convince. Having a blast with your updated rosters.

I will definately do that. I thought you can do it on the fly without always having to move the file back and forth to adjust.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:53 PM   #4
Pro

Thanks for compliment. Selecting your user team in Finn's Editor should be the first thing you do before putting file on your console. I'm actually adding more of the future draftees to my franchise file. That file will be uploaded soon.
Old 07-29-2010, 03:54 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by convince
Thanks for compliment. Selecting your user team in Finn's Editor should be the first thing you do before putting file on your console. I'm actually adding more of the future draftees to my franchise file. That file will be uploaded soon.
Does the CPU still draft only four positions in the first round (DE, QB, etc) with the community's updates?

I'm like this close to downloading rosters and firing up the game, but I'm stumped because I only have Windows 7. Do you know if the roster stuff works with Windows 7?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2010, 04:10 PM   #6
Pro

Yes, the draft logic is still crazy. I don't believ is matters what operating system you have, as long as you have the correct software(Action Replay/Xport) that transfers the file to your console.
Old 07-29-2010, 04:20 PM   #7
Banned

BestServedCold's Arena

OVR: 1

The draft logic is crazy lol. In my draft, every HB was selected in the first two rounds (including a 55 ovr. guy). I tried nerfing them but it didn't help. Oddly, by nerfing DE's not as many were taken in the top 15 (still the same overall though). The CPU will never draft a Center before the 2nd round.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:33 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by convince
Yes, the draft logic is still crazy. I don't believ is matters what operating system you have, as long as you have the correct software(Action Replay/Xport) that transfers the file to your console.
Hey thanks. I'd refer you to page 32 of the step-by-step thread, if you are curious and/or could possibly help. Theres a lot of accounts of it not working with windows 7. Total bummer.

So I guess even with these enhancements, it might be best to control all 32, at least on draft day.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »