Re: 1987 Roster

He got toughened up playing in the USFL
Old 06-04-2010, 08:47 AM   #18
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

Small update:
1. All but one team finished. I traditionally do the Vikings last (don't ask why, no idea. I neither love nor hate them, they just seem to come in last all the time).

2. Playtesting as I go. Bears/Lions need some adjusting. The Bears just squashed the Lions 75-17 last night. They should win, but not by that much. Poor Chuck Long threw 6 INTs and fumbled once. It was a disaster. Payton, in his last year, did break one nice 60 yard TD run.

3. Aside from Vikes, I still have to add FAs and then turn it into a franchise for those of us that play that way.

4. I also need to create the 1987 video and might do a "preview" video for each conference for the site. This one took me forever, so I figured I might spend a little extra time on the small stuff.

I could release the roster this weekend, but I'll likely wait until the whole show is ready to go. Some fun games though. You think there aren't a ton of differences from year to year, until you start playing it.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:04 PM   #19
Armchair GM

TecmoZack's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dophin26
Here ia a little snippet of LA playing Seattle. Ddin't have all night, so I didn't get the perfect Bo/Boz clash, but here is a little something. I really think the punt toward the end is the best part. Between that an a DE fumble for a recovery, Seattle was up 14-0 at half without an off. TD.

Awesome Video Bro!!!

On the Xbox - xPonchoChief
Old 06-04-2010, 01:27 PM   #20
MVP

GaryT531's Arena

Quote:
Small update:
1. All but one team finished. I traditionally do the Vikings last (don't ask why, no idea. I neither love nor hate them, they just seem to come in last all the time).

2. Playtesting as I go. Bears/Lions need some adjusting. The Bears just squashed the Lions 75-17 last night. They should win, but not by that much. Poor Chuck Long threw 6 INTs and fumbled once. It was a disaster. Payton, in his last year, did break one nice 60 yard TD run.

3. Aside from Vikes, I still have to add FAs and then turn it into a franchise for those of us that play that way.

4. I also need to create the 1987 video and might do a "preview" video for each conference for the site. This one took me forever, so I figured I might spend a little extra time on the small stuff.

I could release the roster this weekend, but I'll likely wait until the whole show is ready to go. Some fun games though. You think there aren't a ton of differences from year to year, until you start playing it.
sounds awesome. i use your rosters (83-86) as much as I use the 1991 file that i posted lol

sure it's early, and you've been consistent with 1-2 roster releases per year, so do you plan on going straight through the 80's with 88 then maybe something like touching up capa's 89, and touching up files from the 90's? or will you go back and do something like 1982? any info is appreciated.
Old 06-04-2010, 03:22 PM   #21
MVP

dophin26's Arena

Thats actually kind of interesting that you brough that up. I have been wondering the same thing. I think I'd like to finish the 80s (doing what you just said- 1988, convert 89 to my ratings and do a franchise, etc.) and then do 80-82. The hold-up on 80-82 is that I am sure more people would enjoy/play the 90s then go back to the early 80s. Plus, I just ordered some 88 videos to go through (I like to get the feel of it as I'm creating).

I also wouldn't mind going back through 1994 again one more time. I am almost done playing out that year and have a lot of video, stats, etc.

So my answer is "I don't know where I'm going from here."

__________________________________________________ _______________
I may have to pick up nba2k10 though and play that 86-87 roster of yours this summer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2010, 07:29 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 21

Feel free to do whatever you want to my 89 file. It was a quick and dirty project but the base should be there for tweaking to your ratings, etc...

C
Old 06-04-2010, 07:49 PM   #23
Rookie

SteelCityChamp's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Thats actually kind of interesting that you brough that up. I have been wondering the same thing. I think I'd like to finish the 80s (doing what you just said- 1988, convert 89 to my ratings and do a franchise, etc.) and then do 80-82. The hold-up on 80-82 is that I am sure more people would enjoy/play the 90s then go back to the early 80s. Plus, I just ordered some 88 videos to go through (I like to get the feel of it as I'm creating).

I also wouldn't mind going back through 1994 again one more time. I am almost done playing out that year and have a lot of video, stats, etc.

So my answer is "I don't know where I'm going from here."

__________________________________________________ _______________
I may have to pick up nba2k10 though and play that 86-87 roster of yours this summer.
Hey dophin26, just wondering what settings you use for gameplay? Thanks.
NBA - Los Angeles Lakers
CBB - NC Tarheels
Bundesliga - FC Bayern Munich
MLS - Seattle Sounders
Old 06-04-2010, 10:05 PM   #24
MVP

dophin26's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityChamp
Hey dophin26, just wondering what settings you use for gameplay? Thanks.
My settings always accompany my rosters (on the same page). I can say they have grown progressively more difficult as I have been creating / playing. 86 has tweaks that make it harder than 85, etc. I will have sliders for the 87 series as well. I can honestly say I've never used anyone else's sliders. Suggestions, yes. Sliders, no.

Those are such a sticky topic, since many of us are at different skill levels.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »