Home

Old 12-04-2010, 04:40 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 1987 Roster

Thank you dolphin for this awesome roster. Yeah Kosar was a snake even if he did run like he had cement shoes on. Bernie Bernie oh baby super bowl.
Old 12-05-2010, 05:18 AM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 0

All I have to say is this roster is so awesome, I've played two games with the 87 Browns and I feel this roster is really accurate. My first game was a defensive battle agains the Saints which I won 13-6, closed out by a Hanford Dixon INT with 30 seconds left. My second game was an exciting comeback where I was down 27-17 to Pittsburgh with 4 minutes left. Bernie led me on an **** comeback scoring 10 points to send it to ot, where I would win on a 4 yard Kevin Mack touchdown run. I really love the job you did with this roster I cant give you enough props for all your hard work. Also thank you to the guy who transferred it to PS3. I think it would really be cool if someone could do that for the 86 roster as well>
Old 12-05-2010, 02:18 PM   #75
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

Thank you very much for the compliment. I do a lot of research on them and playtest like crazy. Glad others can enjoy it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2010, 11:01 PM   #76
MVP

bigdoc85's Arena

OVR: 22

Yes -- Dophin -- you da man! I may have mentioned this before but I sold my Madden 11 because I just couldn't get into the teams and players but playing with the '87 roster is a lot of fun for me. I play this game on PS2 (don't have a backwards compatible PS3) so please keep us updated on any more PS2 rosters! Thanks!
Old 12-08-2010, 08:28 AM   #77
MVP

dophin26's Arena

I created a playbook last night for the Eagles (and Cunningham) to run in the late 80s. I took the Falcons and edited in a bunch of QB runs and roll-outs and took some of the FB runs out.

I played one game against it last night and was down 21-10 at half before I had to quit. My new sliders are killing me too It was cool- when the Eagles got down to my 4 yard line, Cunningham rolled out twice on bootlegs to try to run it in. He was stuffed both times, but that is the first time I've ever seen that. He tried to run 2 or 3 other times in the first half, which is more than the average QB takes off. The cpu still has a tendency to stick to HB1 on it's rushing plays though.

ANYWAY- I was wondering if people would be interested in a section for custom playbooks on the roster site?

I have two, including the one mentioned, that I like. I have another for the 91 Lions that eliminates (mostly) the FB and has a lot of 3 and 4 wide plays. Let me know. If no one would use them, there is no sense, but if you'd like it, it wouldn't be much of a problem.

I thought about doing this with people VIPs as well. I have a zillion hours on my VIP and think it pretty accurately reflects my play calling.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:24 PM   #78
Banned

OVR: 21

Yes Dolph...would love to see a section like that. Along with ratings tweaks, custom playbooks are key to realism.

C
Old 12-11-2010, 12:49 AM   #79
MVP

GaryT531's Arena

i second that, and would love to see a playbook section as well
Old 12-11-2010, 03:36 PM   #80
Rookie

Silentway's Arena

OVR: 3

Yeah, great idea!!! I'm working on a modern brown's playbook that incorporates cribbs/hillis at the split pro for somewhat of a wildcat simulation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »