Home

Making 2010-2011 Rosters

This is a discussion on Making 2010-2011 Rosters within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-10-2010, 10:07 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Making 2010-2011 Rosters

Quote:
Originally Posted by dophin26
I was sort of thinking the same thing. Not that your's would be inferior- just that there seems to be a lot of resources going into similar efforts. If you're using the same sort of ratings, might as well have one person do it.

Now he just has to maintain it
Yeah, ratings were pretty similar. I started making a roster file because I hadn't seen anyone else start one yet. I figured it'd be good enough to hold people over until a great one came out. I took too long, a great one came out, so there is no need to release mine. Even if he doesn't maintain them throughout the year, I'll be maintaining them on my hard drive and making any changes I think are worthy of noting. As long as we always have just one good roster file every year, I'm set. That's all we need.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:07 PM   #58
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

I'm definitely not trying to deter competition or alternate files. I know plenty of people love FNG's and JSOU's and I've always been a big supporter of GR18's (my own franchise uses his). I think it's cool that they are all tailored to certain styles. I guess if I saw one that looked just like mine, I'd have a hard time justifying creating a new one.

One thing I think would be a decent idea would be to keep the thread going with changes. Let the originator do the new additions, but keep the original thread updated with FA moves / trades. I, for one, am terrible about day to day moves on teams. I just don't pay close enough to the entire NFL like others do. I'm impressed by the minutiae that some people observe and correct. I used to be like that, but that was in the 80s and early 90s when I had more time on my hands.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:48 PM   #59
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Kings
Well, I don't think I'll be working on these anymore. I downloaded the rosters by Convince last night and they're excellent. They're much more accurate than mine with most of the off-season moves included. There would be no point in releasing a lesser version of the same thing. Trust me, if you haven't tried his yet, they are the real deal. He did a great job with them. Thanks to all who helped me during my prolonged process.

I wouldn't give up so quickly, he started out same as you are and kept building on what he had as all of the roster makers have.

Your thread will pick up momenten and has drawn interest from guys who do look in here to see your progress, its the kind of thing thats needed to keep things fresh and different.

When and if you should decide to post a file you'll see what I'm talkin' about but as to date no one includeing myself has seen any of your work or efforts so its hard to say just where your roster set would stand.

I use to make and post rosters years ago as many of us have here at OS and theres always been another creative mind and skilled roster maker to step up and keep this game alive with the communitys support.

Just don't give up so easily and never feel you have an inferior product this community is strong enough to help or assist if needed and will from time to time offer help in the form of who and what is needed just give em' time to respond but you gotta show em' something so they know just what your rosters are about.

Give the guys a taste and see whats needed in them most time they'll respond and you'll find yourself being offered advise and useful knowledge on what needed but ya gotta give something to naw on just a taste...you can do this show em' what ya got and get this thing rollin'...its all up to you these guys are pretty die hard Football fans so you gotta throw em' a bone or something.

Rickster101
Old 06-11-2010, 12:15 AM   #60
Pro

OVR: 14

I totally agree with these guys. There is more than enough of an audience for different roster makers. We guys always have different perspectives on ratings and team depth. So there is always a fan base for all different ratings systems and rosters. If you are happy with what I put out there, I'm really appreciate the endorsement. Maybe one day we could co-create/ work on a roster, since we have similar ideas on ratings and etc.... Believe me I would have love to share the "burden". The task itself is very time consuming but when things turn out the way you like it, all seems worth it in the end.

Oh by the way...in with keeping up with rosters. I am a diehard football fan. Football Rules....Futbol sucks!!! Just kidding, lol. But it does. I visited profootballtalk literally everyday. I have my favorite teams. But I like to think I very unbias in regards to ratings. And I really hope that shine through in the rosters. I will update at least once or twice monthly. Just to keep with the everything.

Thanks again guys.

Last edited by convince; 06-11-2010 at 12:19 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »