Home

Aggresion still the great unknown

This is a discussion on Aggresion still the great unknown within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-15-2009, 03:25 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Aggresion still the great unknown

i tried to figure this out for a while now and have thoughts on it, but want to know what other people think...how exactly does it affect the game...one curious thing i always thought about was on the original visual concepts rosters most qb's aggression ratings were at 24 and i see on updates some have the 64-127 setting or whatever it is. last yea i played mine with all players at 60 and qb's at 35 and it played great with some sliders adjusted.figuring in the nfl most players r playing with the same amount of aggression, just using it in different ways. wonder what the rating really does?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2009, 07:57 PM   #2
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Aggresion still the great unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by gino_454
i tried to figure this out for a while now and have thoughts on it, but want to know what other people think...how exactly does it affect the game...one curious thing i always thought about was on the original visual concepts rosters most qb's aggression ratings were at 24 and i see on updates some have the 64-127 setting or whatever it is. last yea i played mine with all players at 60 and qb's at 35 and it played great with some sliders adjusted.figuring in the nfl most players r playing with the same amount of aggression, just using it in different ways. wonder what the rating really does?
cb's need to be at 1,qb's should be very low(20's or under),receivers and rb's very high(at least 99) and o-linemen mid-range(around 50).

On defense besides cb's,safeties should have some aggressiveness,Polamalu and Sanders come to mind as being especially high and I found that if you give linebackers that should be leading their team in tackles,such as Patrick Willis,much higher aggression they will do just that and stand out from the other guys.Top pass rushers should have higher aggression as well.

If you have defensive players the same I'm betting your seeing safeties as your high tacklers on just about every team.Like I said,if your linebackers have higher aggression you'll see better results.Now linebackers make my tackle leaders much more often.

Last edited by gr18; 09-15-2009 at 08:02 PM.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:27 PM   #3
Rookie

airnique23's Arena

OVR: 6

From my experienc, Ive noticed the aggression feature works as a players "snap" on the ball or play in motion. So the higher the aggression, the faster a DL will get to a RB or QB, the faster an OL will get to his block assignment from the time the ball is snapped. It also seems to work on how DBs react to the ball in pursuit, either too much or sometimes not enough which is great for mid air tackle animations and the occassional over aggressive pursuit upon snap that lead to realistic big plays because the player is out of position. With that being said, in theory I feel CBs should have the least agg so their not bitting on all pump fakes and play actions and DL should have the highest so they have a snap on the ball to get to the QB. While QBs having a median to take advantage of scrambling opportunities and make their AI a little more realistic. I use a rating of 32 for CB, K, P - 64 for QB, WR, S, - 96 for LB, RB, TE - 127 for DL and OL. Try it out and let me know what you think. The first thing I noticed upon doing this is how WR and TE go air born more often to catch balls. Its a great animation; especially when a DB cracks em
Quote:
Originally Posted by gino_454
Old 09-20-2009, 12:44 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by airnique23
From my experienc, Ive noticed the aggression feature works as a players "snap" on the ball or play in motion. So the higher the aggression, the faster a DL will get to a RB or QB, the faster an OL will get to his block assignment from the time the ball is snapped. It also seems to work on how DBs react to the ball in pursuit, either too much or sometimes not enough which is great for mid air tackle animations and the occassional over aggressive pursuit upon snap that lead to realistic big plays because the player is out of position. With that being said, in theory I feel CBs should have the least agg so their not bitting on all pump fakes and play actions and DL should have the highest so they have a snap on the ball to get to the QB. While QBs having a median to take advantage of scrambling opportunities and make their AI a little more realistic. I use a rating of 32 for CB, K, P - 64 for QB, WR, S, - 96 for LB, RB, TE - 127 for DL and OL. Try it out and let me know what you think. The first thing I noticed upon doing this is how WR and TE go air born more often to catch balls. Its a great animation; especially when a DB cracks em
this is why i feel all players should have the same aggressiveness ...let the other attribute's play a role like a linebackers run d is much higher then a cb's and if the "agg" is the same it brings to action a cb's coverage attribute.so basicaly if the agg rating is the same it brings into effect all the important ratings to each specific positons...for example an ol if his "agg" rating is the same as a dl it brings into effect his blocking skills and doesn't rely on aggression rating to determine how he plays. hope this makes snese and makes u think about aggression more..it's almost like aggression rating is a handicapper.so when it's equalized it brings the most important ratings out of each position

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »