Home

Question about using FlingFinn's editor

This is a discussion on Question about using FlingFinn's editor within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-25-2009, 03:23 PM   #1
MVP

cyclone2426's Arena

OVR: 30
Question about using FlingFinn's editor

I got some questions and might have some more later. I'm new to this editor and figure out most of it except for a few things:

How do I move players from one team to another?

How do I make a new player?

Whats the deal with the players labeled "Draft Prospect"? Are these players that get drafted in franchise? Can you edit them, and what effect does it have?

Any help is appreciated.

Facebook - Custom Sports Covers

Last edited by cyclone2426; 08-25-2009 at 03:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2009, 05:18 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: Question about using FlingFinn's editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone2426
I got some questions and might have some more later. I'm new to this editor and figure out most of it except for a few things:

How do I move players from one team to another?

How do I make a new player?

Whats the deal with the players labeled "Draft Prospect"? Are these players that get drafted in franchise? Can you edit them, and what effect does it have?

Any help is appreciated.
1) You cant. You have to do this in-game. FINN had assigning players in his editor years ago but it caused a lot of problems so he removed it.

2) Double click any player that isnt in the league anymore (or whoever you want to eliminate) and simply edit him. I manually type in the player's new name or use the copy and paste exact copy feature. Either way, I dont use that pop up list and I never ever link players to gether because that causes problems.

3) I'm assuming that you mean the Draft Class which is located before free agents but after the Vikings. The Draft Prospect meaning is for Finn so he knows who the player is and what type he is. There's several types including created and standard but dont worry about any of that as it doesnt really do anything.

You can edit the Draft Class but you'll have to ask puja21, jsou or someone else. I'm the one who actually figured out how to edit the Draft Class while avoiding any potential name corruption problems but since that was three years ago and I dont edit them anymore, I honestly forgot exactly what I did. Oh well.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:34 PM   #3
MVP

cyclone2426's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
1) You cant. You have to do this in-game. FINN had assigning players in his editor years ago but it caused a lot of problems so he removed it.

2) Double click any player that isnt in the league anymore (or whoever you want to eliminate) and simply edit him. I manually type in the player's new name or use the copy and paste exact copy feature. Either way, I dont use that pop up list and I never ever link players to gether because that causes problems.

3) I'm assuming that you mean the Draft Class which is located before free agents but after the Vikings. The Draft Prospect meaning is for Finn so he knows who the player is and what type he is. There's several types including created and standard but dont worry about any of that as it doesnt really do anything.

You can edit the Draft Class but you'll have to ask puja21, jsou or someone else. I'm the one who actually figured out how to edit the Draft Class while avoiding any potential name corruption problems but since that was three years ago and I dont edit them anymore, I honestly forgot exactly what I did. Oh well.
Would it be easier to just create the player in-game? Or do it your way? The thing with the draft class, I was testing out the search feature and put in "College:Miami" and obviously a lot of guys came up and I notice that some of them had "draft prospect" under Type and didnt know what it was hence the question.

Old 08-25-2009, 10:24 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 4

The draft prospects are the fictional players a franchise mode generates to be drafted after the conclusion of the first season.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:28 PM   #5
MVP

cyclone2426's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by withauthority22
The draft prospects are the fictional players a franchise mode generates to be drafted after the conclusion of the first season.
So if you edit all these you can basically make a draft class?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2009, 10:41 PM   #6
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

You sure can. They can be edited, but I thought I remember someone saying something about assigning PBP for these guys that had some limit. It was so long ago though, I don't remember anymore. I've edited them for my 80s rosters.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:50 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone2426
Would it be easier to just create the player in-game? Or do it your way? The thing with the draft class, I was testing out the search feature and put in "College:Miami" and obviously a lot of guys came up and I notice that some of them had "draft prospect" under Type and didnt know what it was hence the question.
DONT create players in-game because you'll eventually reach the limit which I have no idea what it is since I have never ever created any player in-game. Besides, if you look at the PBP names, you'll see that little box next to it and if its "checked", that player becomes a "created" player in the "type" category and if you then, look in-game, you'll notice that every player who has the PBP box "checked" will be listed as a created player in-game even though he was created in the editor.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:57 PM   #8
MVP

cyclone2426's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
DONT create players in-game because you'll eventually reach the limit which I have no idea what it is since I have never ever created any player in-game. Besides, if you look at the PBP names, you'll see that little box next to it and if its "checked", that player becomes a "created" player in the "type" category and if you then, look in-game, you'll notice that every player who has the PBP box "checked" will be listed as a created player in-game even though he was created in the editor.
Guess I'll have to find some players that have retired or something to edit. Thanks guys for the help. I'm gonna be updating the latest PS2 roster, I think I'm gonna use it for a franchise or at least just exhibition games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »