Home

New Roster Tool for Editors

This is a discussion on New Roster Tool for Editors within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-08-2009, 11:09 PM   #1
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19
New Roster Tool for Editors

I have started (and it is quite a task) to catalog the "unknown" players with photos. I know some people don't use them, but some do. Many of them are former players (and will be tagged eventually) and also have a cyberface that goes with the photo. If Finn was ever able to break the link between photo and player, we'd have a goldmine of new cyberfaces to use.

It is in the early stages, but you can check it out here: http://www.nfl2k5rosters.com/Mugs1.html

-These are just from the first UNK file. There are 4 more.

Last edited by dophin26; 07-09-2009 at 12:16 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2009, 12:49 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: New Roster Tool for Editors

Thats pretty damn good but here's a question -

For all the cyberfaces, how are you going to know the number for the face and skin tone when editing in Finn's editor?

After all, if you dont have the correct combination, the cyberface doesnt appear in game.
Old 07-09-2009, 06:01 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

I think it would be good to add the names of these players. It would help us to create old rosters.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:51 PM   #4
MVP

FunNgun034's Arena

OVR: 20

awesome... great work as always Dophin
Old 07-09-2009, 08:57 PM   #5
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
Thats pretty damn good but here's a question -

For all the cyberfaces, how are you going to know the number for the face and skin tone when editing in Finn's editor?

After all, if you dont have the correct combination, the cyberface doesnt appear in game.
You will have to load the unk roster and look at the UNK model during the edit player screen on your xbox. With most cyberfaces the photo or UNK number photo or no photo automatically gives you the right face, it's the skin number you have to worry about. Since there are only 6 (1-lightest, 2-light, 3-light med, 4-dark med, 5-dark, 6-darkest) You just assign the right skin # to the UNK.

Phin:great addition. I can tell you off the top of my head that unk 1108 and 1328 should have cyberfaces in game
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.

Last edited by NINJAK2; 07-09-2009 at 09:11 PM. Reason: added info
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2009, 11:44 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
You will have to load the unk roster and look at the UNK model during the edit player screen on your xbox. With most cyberfaces the photo or UNK number photo or no photo automatically gives you the right face, it's the skin number you have to worry about. Since there are only 6 (1-lightest, 2-light, 3-light med, 4-dark med, 5-dark, 6-darkest) You just assign the right skin # to the UNK.

Phin:great addition. I can tell you off the top of my head that unk 1108 and 1328 should have cyberfaces in game
I forgot about that but a better idea is to open the UNK roster file in Finn's editor and see what the numbers are for the face and skin tone. In-game, all that comes up is the body type, height and weight so there's no way to know what the cyberfaces player face and skin tone is in-game.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:34 PM   #7
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
I forgot about that but a better idea is to open the UNK roster file in Finn's editor and see what the numbers are for the face and skin tone. In-game, all that comes up is the body type, height and weight so there's no way to know what the cyberfaces player face and skin tone is in-game.
You'll notice when you look at some of those UNK's in game, some of them may have a white cyberface on a black body or vice versa. The editor doesn't always indicate the right skin tone with the right cyberface. the only way to be sure is to look at them all in-game. With Cyberfaces you can't edit skins in-game, only in the editor.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 07-11-2009, 02:41 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 7

Im in Awe i dont know what to say to be honest except thank you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »