Home

Old 01-24-2009, 11:59 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: 1992 revisited

All I can say is WOW. Awesome Job thanks for this wonderful experience.
Old 01-25-2009, 12:46 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5

thx again for all the accolades guys as any roster maker knows this is a labor of love very tedious at times but the joy u get when others share and appreciate your work is unparalleled. once again thx to all and enjoy

Last edited by suirad; 01-25-2009 at 12:49 AM.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:43 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by suirad
o yeah i got the oilers in there i love playing against them the overall rating is kinda off only because i dont have them carrying a te but you will feel like you are playing a top tier team having to worry about moon givins slaughter duncan and jeffries all day lol not to mention white in the backfield. as for the expansion teams at the time i lowered the qb ratings and those teams only play 6 games out the year and they play against each other thanks to bad_al's program so you have the real 1992 season in the file try it and let me know what you think
ill try & keep all the discussion in one thread here so ppl dont have to hunt for it. suirad: curious if you considered zeroing out the attributes for the expansion teams (using the editor)?

also, when i'm done with my own roster i would be happy to run a PBP integrity check through my excel setup on your '92 file... this will just find & report back to me on all the potential "last-name only" entries as well as any matching full names you may have missed (although it doesnt look like the latter will apply).

then if Finn ends up clearing shared names for your file, you would have a simple list of players for which to setup last-name only PBP
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2009, 09:57 AM   #12
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

I found giving the expansion guys ratings actually helped keep their stats down. When they were all zeros, RBs were getting big numbers and there were a few other odd stats. I messed around with the numbers and found some pretty good ratings to create low scores and stalemates in the stats. No one gets much of anything.

I mentioned in the other thread that suirad is welcome to export/import those teams. It rids them of real names, high ratings, etc.

I even took a couple of those expansion games away (they play six in Bad_ALs schedule. I take it down to 2-4).

Suriad: Just know these are only suggestions from some of us that have done it before. Do what makes you happy. You gotta know with the praise comes the suggestions of what can be done next. Mostly, we're just happy that someone else is helping make rosters

Last edited by dophin26; 01-25-2009 at 10:02 AM.
Old 01-25-2009, 01:54 PM   #13
Rookie

i would be an idiot not to listen to puja and dophin u guys r the kings of this lol. puja dophin is right zeroing out players on expansion teams make defensive stats high and rb stats high (tried it in a 1991 roster i made a while back) but i appreciate all you guys suggestions anyway to improve im all ears so keep it coming.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:59 PM   #14
MVP

dophin26's Arena

Suirad- your 1992 page and files have been added to the rosters site.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:13 AM   #15
Rookie

thx it looks awesome i cant thank u enuff
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2009, 05:59 PM   #16
MVP

GaryT531's Arena

Suirad's 1991 roster file and franchise should be added to the rosters site as well. I have been using it since August, and it is awesome. It is the most underappreciated roster file in the history of 2K5. I turned my boy Todd Marinovich into a Pro Bowl quarterback.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »