Home

Is there a website for 2k5 CAPs?

This is a discussion on Is there a website for 2k5 CAPs? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-03-2008, 12:59 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 5
Is there a website for 2k5 CAPs?

I am looking for CAPs, not full roster files, for 2k5 for players from the 2004 to present seasons. I have had the game on my shelf for a while but am dusting off the case and getting into it again.

I don't really download (my problem, I know) so I am looking to edit or create the newer players manually.

thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2008, 09:47 PM   #2
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Is there a website for 2k5 CAPs?

good luck
Old 12-06-2008, 10:02 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 46

you can take a file and use it with finn's editor and see the rosters as an excel file and it has all the info for each player if that helps
Old 12-07-2008, 04:27 PM   #4
Pro

thats more what I am looking for. To view edits/Caps in an excel file. thanks.
Old 12-07-2008, 07:14 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 10

honestly, find a way to download the rosters. its not worth the time to make your own when there's guys like puja and jsou supplying us with amazing rosters already
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2008, 08:28 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamboospine1998
thats more what I am looking for. To view edits/Caps in an excel file. thanks.
b/c of your "problem" that you can't or don't DL... you are unfortunately 100% stuck in a catch-22. the CAP data is already out there & readily available, but you can't see it b/c of your problem. is this a physical problem or personal choice?

the fact is, you need to DL any of the existing updated OperationSports.com rosters (link to one of mine) & open it in the simple & small program called Finn's NFL 2K5 editor (link) to instantly view the "CAP data" for ALL of the 1800+ players in the league

Finn's editor IS already a visual, sortable AND editable x/y grid (essentially like excel) showing values for all attributes, skin tones, face, equipment, years exp, birthdate, handedness etc... AND you can export a roster from Finn's Editor instantly into a .xls format if for some reason you needed to do so

i would wager a heft sum that there is literally no one out there willing to waste tons of their personal time reposting this readily available data to a separate webpage format to satisfy one single person. sorry, but you'll almost certainly need to find a way to DL the rosters or at least the posted excel exports

Last edited by puja21; 12-07-2008 at 08:32 PM.
Old 12-08-2008, 04:44 PM   #7
Pro

thanks for the replies. I am going to look into finns editor. It seems like I will be able to view the info i am looking for from that.

I still have my original PS2 (july 2001), and have never really got into online play or downloading. By my problem, I mean I need to get up to date and get a next gen console, and connect to the internet, other than my PC.
Old 12-09-2008, 12:08 PM   #8
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamboospine1998
thanks for the replies. I am going to look into finns editor. It seems like I will be able to view the info i am looking for from that.

I still have my original PS2 (july 2001), and have never really got into online play or downloading. By my problem, I mean I need to get up to date and get a next gen console, and connect to the internet, other than my PC.
You don't need to connect your PS2 to the internet to use updated rosters. You just need an Action Replay Max for PS2. Then you download rosters onto your computer and transfer them to the PS2 memory card using the Action Replay Max USB key and Action Replay Max Software.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »