Home

Coach's Sliders/Ratings

This is a discussion on Coach's Sliders/Ratings within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-30-2008, 07:26 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Coach's Sliders/Ratings

It just doesnt seem very 2k-ish to include something as purely cosmetic.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:54 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 5

I hope there is somthing that would make the cpu coach go no huddle
Old 09-30-2008, 08:53 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 3

Guys,
I've been playing this game since it came out. I quit buying Madden because of it. My contributions around here have been minimal, basically because I don't have the time or patience for new computer skills. But I can crunch numbers. I've played hundreds of games, tweaked sliders, etc.... I noticed a trend about 2 or 3 years ago. When I played against CPU contolled teams in a Franchise like the Ravens, Bills, Panthers, Packers, Dolphins, Texans, Broncos, Bengals, Jaguars, Titans, they ran the ball more and the games were so much more balanced and competitive. About 2 years ago Daflyboys mentioned that when he assigned the General playbook to CPU controlled teams that they also ran the ball more. I tried that and it worked as well. I tested it with the West Coast playbook and it worked as well. Then Finn upgraded the editor to effect the formation %. So I began testing that. I broke down the playbooks by formation and assigned those percentages to the teams and they accually ran out of those formations and the formations that were not in that playbook got zeroed out. Guess what? They run out of the formations they have based on the formations available and unpredictablly. I really believe it is all based on the default playbooks in the game and the default run/pass percentage assigned to that playbook. I even went a little farther this year with it by counting all the plays in each formation, dividing it by the number of overall plays to come up with an even more exact percentage and assigned it and it works as well. They will also go no huddle on you, even when it is not inside the last 2 minutes. I assigned the playbooks based on the best info I could find on coaches and offensive coordinators. The playbook assignments may not be perfect team to team, but they are pretty close I think. Take a look and let me know what you think.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:56 PM   #20
Rookie

Here's the attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Coach Book Formation % for OS.zip (54.3 KB, 34 views)
Old 09-30-2008, 09:05 PM   #21
MVP

yamabushi's Arena

OVR: 37

Im not able to see anything from that file.
Could you just post your findings and playbook info in the thread?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2008, 09:14 PM   #22
Rookie

It's in excel and when I try to cut and paste, it does not translate well to the page. Maybe someone who knows how to capture a screen shot can do it. Sorry.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:27 PM   #23
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

I had to download an update of excel to view it.

Very impressive charts.I have adjusted run/pass sliders in favor of the run and did notice a difference.Of course this depends on how the game is going that you're playing.If you get a quick two touchdown lead you'd expect him to throw more often.

I like that there is the % out of formations and such....nice job.I can see alot of work was put into it.
Old 09-30-2008, 11:42 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringo
Here's the attachment.
it says the file is corrupt when open it with open office .

but i really want to see it Just google best free screen capture soft ware into google and you should be good

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »