Home

Your favorite roster?

This is a discussion on Your favorite roster? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-18-2008, 11:42 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
Your favorite roster?

There are so many rosters to choose from, what do you guys think are the best, and why?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2008, 11:26 AM   #2
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Your favorite roster?

Mine. Mine mine mine mine mine! Because I worked really hard on them!

No, actually, this is a loaded question, because different people like different play styles. I don't play much of the new stuff, because I'm old and prefer the good ole days, but the next guy might love only the new rosters.
If it's the newer ones we're writing about, very few argue with Puja's rosters. His older ones are on my site. His 2008 is not yet released. Then there is JSOU, FunNgun, GR18- all newer rosters, all available, all with different attributes. One uses the aggression system, another doesn't. With what is put into them, everyone would like you to try his roster. That is just natural. I'd like 1000 people playing my crown jewel- 1984, but just knowing 10 other people might have enjoyed it is enough for me, especially since I made it to play myself (I am in week 16 right now).

Everyone else will just tell you to try them on for size and you can't really argue with that. When you play it and have a good time (win or lose), you found your match.

Last edited by dophin26; 09-19-2008 at 11:28 AM.
Old 09-19-2008, 11:35 AM   #3
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

The 1975 Cincinnati Reds.
Old 09-19-2008, 01:52 PM   #4
MVP

GaryT531's Arena

OVR: 19

I really like the attention to detail that dolphin has put into his 1984, and 1985 roster files. The ratings, player appearances, and gear are all very accurate.

About a month back a guy named "suirad" posted a 1991 roster file which I really like. He said he is currently working on a 1992 file, and I hope he posts it soon. Suirad if you're out there dude post an update if you can, please.

I wish there was a way to edit the stadiums, because when using classic rosters I don't like to play in places like Seattle, or Pittsburgh, etc.. They're just too new. I wish we could change the color if the field turf and make it look more like the artificial turf that the Jets, Giants, Bears, and Chiefs used to play on. That would be awesome in my opinion.
Old 09-19-2008, 01:59 PM   #5
MVP

yamabushi's Arena

OVR: 37

Loaded question indeed, As Im sure everybody put alot of love and sweat into them.

With that said, my favorite will be the one with adjusted Coach's ratings .
Failing that, whoever gives my Steelers D the most love.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2008, 04:12 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

IMO I would have to give most props for roster to gr18. I used to do my own rosters each and every year up until last year. Do not have the time anymore to dedicate to my own so I figure let me check out the posted ones. After going through a few of the "top" roster makers it just came down to his. His roster does not go overboard and is on par with most players from year to year i.e. rookie hype, one years players, injured stars, new additions to new teams, players who were once great, etc.. as you all know what I am indicating. What I never liked to see was several or more players rated over a 100 which I have seen in a few rosters. Now I know it is based off the formula and it is only done to consitute ratings for teams and balance amonst other catagories but I would change that myself. Like I said IMO as I am sure others will disagree but when that happens its just as simple as edit the roster to your liking which I would have done if I did not come across a roster I liked which luckily did, great work gr18! I do know this is based off puja's so he gets the credit as well since I checked his 2K8 roster and it was very good too. Looking forward to seeing the 2K9 puja..

Now I know the hard work that is put into these rosters so i give all credit to those who take the time to make these for themselves and then nicely make them available to everyone. For myself i give all credit to those who still do this and keep up the good work.
Old 09-19-2008, 06:37 PM   #7
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoma23ss
IMO I would have to give most props for roster to gr18. I used to do my own rosters each and every year up until last year. Do not have the time anymore to dedicate to my own so I figure let me check out the posted ones. After going through a few of the "top" roster makers it just came down to his. His roster does not go overboard and is on par with most players from year to year i.e. rookie hype, one years players, injured stars, new additions to new teams, players who were once great, etc.. as you all know what I am indicating. What I never liked to see was several or more players rated over a 100 which I have seen in a few rosters. Now I know it is based off the formula and it is only done to consitute ratings for teams and balance amonst other catagories but I would change that myself. Like I said IMO as I am sure others will disagree but when that happens its just as simple as edit the roster to your liking which I would have done if I did not come across a roster I liked which luckily did, great work gr18! I do know this is based off puja's so he gets the credit as well since I checked his 2K8 roster and it was very good too. Looking forward to seeing the 2K9 puja..

Now I know the hard work that is put into these rosters so i give all credit to those who take the time to make these for themselves and then nicely make them available to everyone. For myself i give all credit to those who still do this and keep up the good work.
thanks,I really appreciate the kind words.
Old 09-19-2008, 09:06 PM   #8
Rookie

Limadawg's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm with shoma on this one. In my opinion gr18 has the best rosters out there. Shoma made an excellent statement on gr18s rosters. I agree 100% with him.

Thanks gr18.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »