Home

JSOU'S Final 2008-2009 NFL Roster

This is a discussion on JSOU'S Final 2008-2009 NFL Roster within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-24-2008, 02:58 AM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: JSOU'S Final 2008-2009 NFL Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
JSOU's file wasnt designed for more than a year as he's said many times, hence he didnt adjust any of the contracts so that's why they are just random & some rookies are in the last year of their deal.

the 2 stud RB problem is always in franchise for this game-- team's just basically ignore team needs when you let the CPU handle free agency. has nothing to do w/ his roster
Thank you Puja. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate what you guys are doing. It's top notch work!

But is someone out there making roster that would work around this? It kinda sucks going up against 2 bad *** RBs, but if not, I guess I will have to use my imagination
Old 10-24-2008, 03:05 AM   #74
MVP

OVR: 20

i dont have a clue how anyone could create a roster that would just automatically "work around it." i think that level of editing (CPU behavior in franchise) might not be possible via the editor... certainly not by any of us who merely do the rosters & arent programmers like finn.

best i can offer is:
--take an hour or so after your season
--control all 32 teams
--manage free agency (& the draft if necessary) realistically for them so the teams that need a RB overpay a tad to get him if necessary eg Michael Turner to the Falcons last year rather than SD keeps two good ones.

i do this in my franchises (mostly just to edit the draft prospects within my ranges) but i occasionally do free agency for them & a midseason trade or two that makes sense (unload a veteran from a losing team for draft picks, fill an injury void for a team on a playoff run, etc)
Old 10-24-2008, 03:31 AM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
i dont have a clue how anyone could create a roster that would just automatically "work around it." i think that level of editing (CPU behavior in franchise) might not be possible via the editor... certainly not by any of us who merely do the rosters & arent programmers like finn.

best i can offer is:
--take an hour or so after your season
--control all 32 teams
--manage free agency (& the draft if necessary) realistically for them so the teams that need a RB overpay a tad to get him if necessary eg Michael Turner to the Falcons last year rather than SD keeps two good ones.

i do this in my franchises (mostly just to edit the draft prospects within my ranges) but i occasionally do free agency for them & a midseason trade or two that makes sense (unload a veteran from a losing team for draft picks, fill an injury void for a team on a playoff run, etc)
Ahh, I appreciate that so much. Thanks Puja, YOU'RE DA MAN!.

I figured I would have to do this. This was my last option if there wasn't any other. Sorry, I created a thread about this in the general section, disregard. Thanks again. I'm a noob to all this. Was a "Maddenite", but this game totally opened my eyes to something new. I been trying to look for information regarding all this, but somewhere along the line, I got mixed up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2008, 01:53 AM   #76
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15

We'll have a new roster set out soon. No more than a week, our roster taken to the extreme as far as difficulty. We all came up with some new tweaks. The first release will have the Defensive side of the ball finished. With the other update focused on the O. As most of you know our rosters are geared toward veteran 2k players. In our opinion week in week out should be a battle not just the weeks you play a superior team, and this adjustment to our roster has achieved that. We also have a new settings file to go with it. One thing off hand is the fatigue slider has been turned way up. We found the mix as far as stamina rating for certain positions as well as the right setting on the sliders. I'll try to get them out before I go on vacation on Sat.
Old 10-31-2008, 07:30 PM   #77
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

This update is geared towards the defensive side of the ball. An offensive update will be out as well in a couple weeks. We also tweaked some points of offense but this update is geared for the D. Also in this update is Stamina levels set to new numbers. Almost right after releasing our rosters we started tweaking stamina numbers along with the Fatigue slider to find that right mix. We wanted and achieved it, were Rb's will sub out, Dt, De will also sub, but the rest of the guys will not. If youre not using our sliders posted here using the fatiuge slider at 22 for both Human and Cpu will get the results stated above. As most know these rosters and settings are for the better 2k players ( not ot be cocky but we all here are 2k lifers and we want the game to be as hard as poss, you should have to play a good game win, just like the NFL. We wanted it to be a challange week in and week out when playing a season. That's why we use the large attributes. We really don't care what the overall of a player is. The ratings will always have a tier effect letting the stars be stars and so on down the line. Our goal is to get the game set up as a challenge. If you really want these rosters to play to there full ability I suggest you use our sliders, but if you want to make it easier tweak them as needed. Certain sliders must be used for ex. Fatiuge set it at 22 for both human and cpu, Tackle 13 for human 19 for CPU, Pursuit at 0 for both.
The way we play is before starting a franchise we get our teams, go into finns editor and subtract 25% from pass coverage and run coverage for each player, then start a season. This allows the CPU to stay strong and allows the Cpu to be stronger passing and all around on offense. This is the KEY to making these rosters play real.
The others sliders are 7 min quarters EQ- ON
H Blk 13
H Pass 0
H running 13
H catch full
H Cov 0
H Pursuit 0
H Tackle 13
H Kick 10
Cpu blk,pass,run,cov,catch,kick all full
cpu pursuit 0
cpu tkl 19
injury 14 (just right)
fumble 23
int 0
If you use all these setting listed above this game will play great.
This update includes
New ratings for dt, de, lb, fs, ss, cb the areas of pass coverage, run coverage, pass rush, tackle.
Offensive line increase speed by 10%
Offensive line durability adjusted between 15 and 30 allows O=line to get injured.
UNK faces added, as well as more equipment to each play ( that is if possible).
Also a lot of little tweaks like Matt Jones getting better, Lance Moore and a ton of other players.
feedback is always appreciatted
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_NFLroster08.zip (251.3 KB, 18 views)
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_NFLsetting.zip (9.0 KB, 10 views)
Old 11-10-2008, 11:48 PM   #78
MVP

OVR: 18

What system is this for? And BTW, nice work guys!
Old 11-11-2008, 12:58 AM   #79
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan2810
What system is this for? And BTW, nice work guys!
xbox
Old 11-11-2008, 01:06 AM   #80
MVP

OVR: 18

How do we get this update on the XBOX?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »