Home

Having problem with pocket protection

This is a discussion on Having problem with pocket protection within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-02-2008, 10:47 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 10
Having problem with pocket protection

Hey 2k fans,

I have a question and hopefully i can get a answer with all this knowledge about 2k5. I'm having problems with my pass protection, the defensive tackles and ends are running around my guards and tackles. I have less then 3 seconds to throw the pass off and by that time my wide recievers arent open yet. I dont want to cheat, because then i cant save my vip. I have found that with finns editor i can slow the speed of both the defensive ends and tackles, but to me that cheating them. The defensive spins around and just pass my guys, then they get the sack and i get madd!!. Is there a glitch with the offensive line protection? Alot of times it just collapses and they just pass by and the offensive live chase them. I hate to rush and my QB isnt that mobile. So is there a solution to my problem? Someone help and thanks so much for all the forums efforts to make this game still number#1. 4years strong and still going. 2k5 is like the enegizer bunny..lol THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2008, 01:25 PM   #2
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Having problem with pocket protection

There are so many variables to this it's hard to say where to start. If you don't want to mess with their numbers, you can adjust the sliders to your favor. That would be where I think I would start. The more you play, the more familiar you'll be with your plays, the better your reads will become and the quicker you'll get the ball off. That said, I still usually lead the league is getting sacked. I just don't like forcing a pass and I am no very good at ducking defenders.
Old 06-02-2008, 05:26 PM   #3
Rookie

aff4life's Arena

OVR: 4

don't use the dolphins they figuratively have NO o-line. ha.

but 3 seconds is a long time to throw. try calling shorter routes. more slants and hooks and outs, etc. audible out of pass plays when you see the blitz coming. also, change your pass protection, leave the TE's and backs in to block for you.

Last edited by aff4life; 06-02-2008 at 05:33 PM. Reason: should'a read the whole post. heh.
Old 06-02-2008, 11:09 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 9

Having the same problem. Playing against the giants is hard. My line is better than yours too. I might try to mess with the sliders.

This running the ball / Max Passing and taking bad angles Are some of the problems I'm having with the switch over to this game.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:42 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dophin26
There are so many variables to this it's hard to say where to start. If you don't want to mess with their numbers, you can adjust the sliders to your favor. That would be where I think I would start. The more you play, the more familiar you'll be with your plays, the better your reads will become and the quicker you'll get the ball off. That said, I still usually lead the league is getting sacked. I just don't like forcing a pass and I am no very good at ducking defenders.
i couldn't have said it better. after playin Madden and being use to their suction blocking, i've found myself in on th practice field ALOT. it's good though becuse i'm getting more familiar with what' going on around me. learn to read defensive coverage by sending a wr in motion to see if there playin zone or man is a big plus. this way you'll know were it's better to throw the ball...
I am glad I got the Buell- I love riding it, I love the oddball looks I get on the road- I love people asking "What IS that thing?" I love flying into a corner WAY too hot, scared spitless and sure I'll never hold it at this speed- and hearing the bike whisper "Sissy!"...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2008, 10:57 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 2

I was having the same problem, too. I mean, a slow defensive tackle like Grady Jackson or something was just abusing my All Pro center (Olin Kreutz, Matt Birk, whatever) with spin moves that Jason Taylor would be jealous of. I tried adjusting the Blocking slider all the way to the top for myself and this didn't seem to do anything (in fact, messing around with the sliders on practice mode, it seemed that when I turned the slider all the way DOWN, my OLine would give me more time than when the Slider was maxed out. Go figure.)

Finally, one thing that I found to even things out greatly when it came to slowing down the opposing pass rush, was using the PERFORMANCE EQUALIZER option. Keep in mind, I've been playing this game off and on since the day it came out, and had never really found a use for this option. But now that I've discovered it, I'm loving it. Things like throwing passes to my backup tight end or #4 WR are possible now, whereas before they would drop everything thrown to them.

Anyway, I'm sure that tinkering with the Defensive Line ratings using Finn's Editor might have a solution, but if you want a quick fix, use the PERFORMANCE EQUALIZER. It will still be tough against some of the tougher pass rushing defenses like Philadelphia, though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »