Home

desparately need help!

This is a discussion on desparately need help! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-17-2008, 12:22 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
desparately need help!

I have a gen 1 xbox. I have purchased the action replay. I have tried loading nearly every roster version availabe. ALL of them tell me "Unable to load (rosterfile name here) on Xbox Hard Disk" . It also tells me the same when I try to load from the mem card. I tried removing the datelinfo file as well. No luck. I CAN get it to load the settings files. Only franchises and rosters. Can anyone help me out?

[email protected]

Thank you!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2008, 02:51 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: desparately need help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by padstack
I have a gen 1 xbox. I have purchased the action replay. I have tried loading nearly every roster version availabe. ALL of them tell me "Unable to load (rosterfile name here) on Xbox Hard Disk" . It also tells me the same when I try to load from the mem card. I tried removing the datelinfo file as well. No luck. I CAN get it to load the settings files. Only franchises and rosters. Can anyone help me out?

[email protected]

Thank you!
Are you zipping/unzipping the files? If so, dont. You dont need to do anything after you download the files from here. After downloading the files, transfer to the AR and just load them in-game.

If you're not doing anything to the files, I dont know what the problem could be but give this topic a few days as others here who know more than I do will definitely try to help you out.
Old 05-17-2008, 10:07 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
Are you zipping/unzipping the files? If so, dont. You dont need to do anything after you download the files from here. After downloading the files, transfer to the AR and just load them in-game.

If you're not doing anything to the files, I dont know what the problem could be but give this topic a few days as others here who know more than I do will definitely try to help you out.
tried 2 things. tried doing nothing and tried removing the datelinfo file. Never tried unzipping them.

Thanks for the reply though! Hopefully someone can hook me up!
Old 05-22-2008, 08:46 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by padstack
tried 2 things. tried doing nothing and tried removing the datelinfo file. Never tried unzipping them.

Thanks for the reply though! Hopefully someone can hook me up!
Any help? Please?
Old 05-22-2008, 11:29 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 15

Jeez, I actually feel sorry for you because I cant believe that no one else here has tried to help you out. What the hell guys??? Come on!!! Someone here should be able to help this guy out.

I've never had your problem but try this -

Remove the AR program from your computer and then use the disc to reinstall the program. Also, when you hook up the AR to the USB port, make sure that you hook up the memory card to the cord attachment first. Then, plug in the cord into the USB port.

Other than that, I cant think of anything else.

P.S. - Post this topic on the main page as more people should see it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2008, 07:38 AM   #6
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

I'm not real good on tech stuff so all i can offer is how it works for me.

1. I come to this site and click on the roster or franchise file I want to download.
2. I download it to a folder I created call ESPN 2k5
3. Once the file is downloaded I click and drag it to the middle column of Action, Replay.
4. Then I click on that file in the middle column and drag it to the memory card column.
5. Once the file loads to the memory card, I put the memory card into my controller.
6. I go to the memory section of the Xbox , select the memory card, select the ESPN 2k5 game save and copy it to my hard drive.
7. Then I put the game disc in, go to options - load/save, select load , select the new roster or franchise file and load it up.

Works for me every time. Hope this is some help.
Old 05-23-2008, 11:07 AM   #7
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

FYI:

You only need to drag to the middle pane of AR when going from memory card to pc. If you are going from PC to memory, you can drag it directly to the memory card pane. Also, you can load from the memory card in game. There is no reason to copy to the hard drive first.

Just a few time saving tips.

Cheers,
Finn
Old 05-31-2008, 12:44 AM   #8
Rookie

Thanks guys. I'll give it another shot tomorrow and pots the results. This is basically the only reason I was keeping my gen1 xbox. It's the only game I play anymore...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »