Home

1984 ROSTER AND FRANCHISE RELEASED

This is a discussion on 1984 ROSTER AND FRANCHISE RELEASED within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-25-2008, 09:39 AM   #17
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: 1984 ROSTER AND FRANCHISE RELEASED

According to Street and Smith and this site: http://www.pro-football-reference.co...984_roster.htm , Ezra Johnson had back surgury for the second time in 2 years and although he was the top pass rusher (which means he probably played in all passing downs), he wasn't the starter. He is in 1985 though. You could probably edit the playbook to have him the sub in all passing formations (nickel,dime,prevent). I'll keep that in mind if I make another update.

Last edited by dophin26; 05-25-2008 at 09:42 AM.
Old 05-29-2008, 04:49 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 9

Thanks for that link. I can see a lot of my time being pi**ed away there looking up old stats and rosters
Old 05-29-2008, 05:32 PM   #19
MVP

dophin26's Arena

My night time reading is all old Street and Smith's and Pro Preview magazines now. I've been picking them up off ebay and getting a little obsessive about it. I really enjoy reading about who they think will make it big and who should wash out. Ex- The 1985 mag I am reading talks about not counting on Bernie Kosar to beat out Gary Danielson for the QB position as Danielson actually had a higher rating and was supposed to fit in with the Browns coaching style. So much for that.

Gary, if you're reading this (and I know you are since you've nothing better to do), I am sorry if I hurt your feelings. I'm sure if you'd stayed with the Lions we would have a Super Bowl ring in Detroit right now.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:59 AM   #20
MVP

dophin26's Arena

I finished my first full season of 1984.

The teams that ended up in the playoffs were the teams that actually went to the playoffs, with the exception of the Giants, who had a great year for some reason. I played as the Lions and Dophins. The Lions ended up 5-11 (they were 4-12 in 84 I think) and the Fins were 15-1 (they were 14-2 that year). I played the Dolphins games and gamecast the rest. The 49ers beat the Redskins in the NFC championship and the Dolphins beat the Seahawks 28-24 in a comeback win in the AFC.

So the Super Bowl match-up is what really happened. I was down to the 49ers 21-7 at half, but came back and won the game 31-28 when the 49ers went away from their running game, which was chewing up my D.

All in all, pretty fun and pretty accurate. Marino threw for 5000 yards and 51 TDs (he had 48). No Dolphin ran for more than 800 yards and and my leading rusher for the Lions was James Jones, a FB.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:53 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 20

that's a great idea grabbing the old preview mags off Ebay; what do they run you generally (ballpark)?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2008, 01:17 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dophin26
I finished my first full season of 1984.

The teams that ended up in the playoffs were the teams that actually went to the playoffs, with the exception of the Giants, who had a great year for some reason. I played as the Lions and Dophins. The Lions ended up 5-11 (they were 4-12 in 84 I think) and the Fins were 15-1 (they were 14-2 that year). I played the Dolphins games and gamecast the rest. The 49ers beat the Redskins in the NFC championship and the Dolphins beat the Seahawks 28-24 in a comeback win in the AFC.

So the Super Bowl match-up is what really happened. I was down to the 49ers 21-7 at half, but came back and won the game 31-28 when the 49ers went away from their running game, which was chewing up my D.

All in all, pretty fun and pretty accurate. Marino threw for 5000 yards and 51 TDs (he had 48). No Dolphin ran for more than 800 yards and and my leading rusher for the Lions was James Jones, a FB.

I love your rosters man

during this serve foot injury I hope to achieve the same results

ive played it alot I hope to soon have historic roster as for what year That will remain a mystery until release.

How did you find the Walter Payton and Ronnie Lott photos
Old 09-29-2008, 02:05 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWZZR
How did you find the Walter Payton and Ronnie Lott photos
read the rest of this other thread you posted in already:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...players-2.html
Old 09-29-2008, 11:19 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

i have been purchasing zander hollander's pro basketball handbooks from the 70's until the late '90's (when he quit making them)...i would encourage those of you interested to consider his same books for the nfl. they are paperback books and outstanding overviews. there are a ton of them on ebay and amazon.

i am using them to update portlandblazer's rosters for nba 2k games...plus, i was a teenager in the '80's, so i enjoy going back during that time. i think it's cool that you guys here have the same passion for the "older" days of the nfl...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »