Home

JSOU'S Final 2007-2008 NFL Rosters and Settings w/ a franchise file.

This is a discussion on JSOU'S Final 2007-2008 NFL Rosters and Settings w/ a franchise file. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-15-2008, 08:53 PM   #1
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15
JSOU'S Final 2007-2008 NFL Rosters and Settings w/ a franchise file.

2007 Final Roster, Settings and Franchise File.

I know the season is over but we had to rush just to finish our rosters in order for us to be able to play a season while the actual NFL season was still in progress. We started our rosters in late Oct. and finished in mid Jan not bad IMO.
Since then we have been working on a file starting from scratch, and it was finished today, finally. Our roster has a lot more detail as well as a free agent pool now as well. These files have a lot of minor tweaks that were needed as we found out in our season that we played.
They are as follows
The roster file.
It had many small tweaks. We really liked the way the game played but most things always need a little adjustment here and there. First off we left the speed the same for all players, except for the O-Line and D-tackles, those positions range from 53 to 38 (with the eq on they are still plenty fast to get out and pull). We also lowered the agility for those positions to match that same range as their speed. We also lowered the agility of every position by 5% except the db's and wr's. The coverage ratings scale that maxed out at 120 has been turned up to max out at 127 which was a 6% increase to all positions. A min of 65 for catch and run route for the Rb's. Wr's and TE's run route scale also went up to max out at 127 there fore raising everyone by about 6% as well. Hold Ball was turned up for the top tier players at Wr, Rb, and Te as well as the skill positions on D. Pass Acc on the Qb's was raised 5%. Our leadership and composure rating that was maxed out at 120 has been raised to max out at 127. Consistency was raised by 5% only on the QB's. We also added a ton of time trying to match game day photos to our players in the roster.
In the end it took us about 200 games played by 8 guys to find these final tweaks, We think the frame is set for the roster and adding the rookies and also free agency for the 08 file will now be the fun part.
The Settings were tweaked very slightly, Human running went down 1 click, human FG down 1 click, and Injury down 1 click. CPU coverage is maxed out, and Human Pass is at 0. These settings created a great year for us, and we don't think that we will need to adjust these again. We had 3 out of 8 make the playoffs, one go to the AFC Championship and no one, in the Super Bowl. To say the least we got a lot of guys looking forward to next season.
Hope you guys enjoy, we will have our 08 rosters out a bout a week after the draft. thanks josh
I also want to thank everyone who has helped us along the way.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_JSouNFL07f.zip (251.3 KB, 226 views)
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_NFLsets070.zip (9.0 KB, 65 views)
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_JSouFran07.zip (246.7 KB, 84 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2008, 12:58 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: JSOU'S Final 2007-2008 NFL Rosters and Settings w/ a franchise file.

Thanks so much. Your great dedication is much appreciated. I will try these out.
Old 03-17-2008, 05:38 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

We all appreciate your time spent creating these files, really we do! Without people like you, people like me would have no real reason for coming into this site. That being said, I only have two things to suggest to you for improvement on making these rosters and franchise files more realistic. First, it looks like you published these files at this site on March 15th for download. When I saw them, I got really excited thinking that your files would include all the latest free agency transactions and player movement at least up until March of this year? I was dissapointed to see that just wasn't true after downloading them. Secondly, I noticed some of the coaches don't have there names changed? Is Finn really the only guy out there that knows how to do this? That is really upsetting if this is the case! Aside from that, I can't wait to test out the realism of your roster files when actually played in the game. But, I am like most people here and am more looking forward to an up-to-date roster release that at least includes all of these changes I've mentioned! I'm even more excited about that than I am about the upcoming NFL draft in April! Anyhow, thanks for all your effort and all those who helped in testing these files for accuracy and realism! People like you are the heart and bloodline, the driving force if you will, that keeps this game alive!
Old 03-17-2008, 06:26 PM   #4
MVP

jorge380's Arena

OVR: 13

Hope you guys enjoy, we will have our 08 rosters out a bout a week after the draft.

Doesnt this tell you something.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:41 PM   #5
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

"Secondly, I noticed some of the coaches don't have there names changed? Is Finn really the only guy out there that knows how to do this?"

Yes, he is.

I think if he really wanted to, Jsou could export his teams and then import them back into Puja's file. I believe it would overwrite the players, but leave the coaches alone, giving him the proper names. Don't sue me if it's not true, but what could it hurt?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2008, 11:49 PM   #6
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15

Like was stated above this is our final 07 roster, we wanted to finish the 07 year so if 2 years down the road we want to use Favre, it's that easy. We know are working on our 08 file. I stated that we will release a file after the draft, which we will, but our franchise file will be out the day after the 08 schedule is released.
As for the Coaches dolphin is right, but I'd rather wait until Finn add's that option in the editor for everyone. thanks for the feedback though.
Old 03-18-2008, 03:00 PM   #7
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorge380
Hope you guys enjoy, we will have our 08 rosters out a bout a week after the draft.

Doesnt this tell you something.
Yeah, it tells me their group is anxiously awaiting the draft. It also tells me they're dedicated to putting out another roster. Nothing wrong with that.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:41 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 10

ima have to try these out.....anyway good job with all the hard work and coming out with the rosters fast.....are you the only group of people coming out with rosters after the draft?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »