Home

Using the HDD transfer cable to transfer rosters, but having a problem.

This is a discussion on Using the HDD transfer cable to transfer rosters, but having a problem. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-17-2007, 05:47 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 8
Using the HDD transfer cable to transfer rosters, but having a problem.

I have installed xport onto my computer and have hooked up my hard drive to it successfully. I got as far as unzipping the roster file and putting it on my desktop. I did all of the steps and got to xbox1>UDATA>53450030(which is NFL2k5) but it wont let me drag the unzipped files into the folder. Does anyone know what the problem could be?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2007, 07:33 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 25
Re: Using the HDD transfer cable to transfer rosters, but having a problem.

Use the '360 Convert Rosters. No need to post the same topic twice in different sub-forums. BTW, here's the link.

http://forums.operationsports.com/vB...d.php?t=229738
Old 12-17-2007, 08:08 PM   #3
MVP

still no luck... i am still unable to drag the file onto the HDD, is it because im using the HDD transfer cable?
Old 12-18-2007, 12:22 AM   #4
Pro

pistonpete's Arena

not to ask the obvious, but are you dragging and dropping onto the right side of the window that comes up? also, make sure that you double click onto the unzipped file, look at its contents (should be 4 or 5 files), close the window and then drag and drop on the right side of the xport window. you'll know that you're on the right track when after opening the unzipped folder, you should see the specifically numbered (53450030) 2k5 file inside. then, when you click on that, you should see the aforementioned 4-5 files in that folder. hope this helps. just so you know, i had to do this 3 or 4 times to get it to work. i think because this software is designed specifically for the xport docking station, that it may not work the first time. idk, just a guess. btw, i haven't had any corrupt or lost files, just took a few tries to get the file transferred.

hope you get it figured out...

pete
Old 12-18-2007, 12:41 AM   #5
MVP

yup i have all of that down but when i try to drag it over to the right side, the curser shows that the files cannot be dropped there. I unzipped the 53450030 folder and got to the 5 files. I tried to drag them individually, but i cant drop them, usually when you drop them into a folder the curser turns to a plus sign, this turns into like the non-smoking sign, which obv means they can't go there. Have you experienced this problem? should i try a different program other than xport360, I know a lot of people have said that has worked.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2007, 03:54 AM   #6
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
yup i have all of that down but when i try to drag it over to the right side, the curser shows that the files cannot be dropped there. I unzipped the 53450030 folder and got to the 5 files. I tried to drag them individually, but i cant drop them, usually when you drop them into a folder the curser turns to a plus sign, this turns into like the non-smoking sign, which obv means they can't go there. Have you experienced this problem? should i try a different program other than xport360, I know a lot of people have said that has worked.
Try googling "xplorer 360 beta 6" The vesion that was linked to on here ended up not working on my machine. That version worked for myself and orthostud.

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 12-19-2007, 01:26 AM   #7
MVP

Ok, so i finally got the files to transfer onto the HDD. Turns out it ended up working on a different computer than the one I was using originally. When i turn on the 360 and go to memory in the dashboard. It says on my HDD under the NFL2K5 file that the profile is now puja's vip. So I know the files are on there. However when I load to play the game at the main menu (cover picture "press start" flashes at top of screen) when i press start to try to load the vip, the game freezes every time. I have deleted the files many times and re download them but still cannot even get passed the main menu without the game freezing. Any suggestions? ( I have downloaded both the 360 converted files and puja's dec 1 roster, neither have worked)
Old 11-25-2013, 04:30 PM   #8
Pro

HeavyHitter55's Arena

OVR: 10
Icon4 Re: Using the HDD transfer cable to transfer rosters, but having a problem.

I'm having the same exact issue (transferring the files, not the freezing). I don't have another CPU to try this on, and I can't find a credible site to download xplorer 360 beta 6 that looks like it won't come with a virus.

I've tried everything else that's listed in this forum.

Any suggestions?

RIP J.J.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »