Home

Old 12-16-2007, 10:23 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Help with Rosters?

Wat's up, I'm new to this site and recently been playing nfl 2k5 on my ps2. Can someone help walk me through to update with the latest rosters available. I have the action replay and also I'm on the PS2. Help would be greatly appreciated
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2007, 11:16 PM   #2
Ageless Wonder

rumfinator's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Help with Rosters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40Cal
Wat's up, I'm new to this site and recently been playing nfl 2k5 on my ps2. Can someone help walk me through to update with the latest rosters available. I have the action replay and also I'm on the PS2. Help would be greatly appreciated
If you want the most up-to-date rosters, you need to be on xbox. Rosters for the ps2 will not even be close to the ones for the xbox.
Old 12-18-2007, 07:34 PM   #3
Rookie

dogeatery's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumfinator
If you want the most up-to-date rosters, you need to be on xbox. Rosters for the ps2 will not even be close to the ones for the xbox.

Why does everyone just assume that people will shell out for a new console to play this game??? XBox version would be sweet but the controllers suck on that system and I have loads of PS2 games that I like to play. I can't think of any XBox game I'd buy the whole console just to play...

40cal, I have a roster I'll email you if you'll PM me your address. It's about as up-to-date as you'll get for PS2 (due to the fact that there's no special editor like Finn made for XBox)
Old 12-18-2007, 09:30 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogeatery
Why does everyone just assume that people will shell out for a new console to play this game??? XBox version would be sweet but the controllers suck on that system and I have loads of PS2 games that I like to play. I can't think of any XBox game I'd buy the whole console just to play...
there are innumerable reasons to buy an xbox:
--there are many good controllers for xbox (Logitech), not to mention a PS2 controller adaptor
--Xbox can be modded to:
--make it a media center PC (complete with internet browser & scripts to automatically stream sites like Youtube & give you weather updates, etc)
--it can rip & store games on the HD
--it can emulate any system up to PS1 & store & play all the games of all those systems (Genesis, SNES, NES, atari, sega master system etc)
--most of the games playable on both systems are better on xbox (including 2K5); eg better framerates, shorter loadtimes, clearer resolution, fewer jaggies, etc
--it costs ~50 bucks now if you look in the right places

a better question is why wouldnt you get an xbox if you want to play 2K5?
Old 12-18-2007, 09:48 PM   #5
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
--make it a media center PC (complete with internet browser & scripts to automatically stream sites like Youtube & give you weather updates, etc)
--it can rip & store games on the HD
--it can emulate any system up to PS1 & store & play all the games of all those systems (Genesis, SNES, NES, atari, sega master system etc)
How the hell do you do all this? lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2007, 12:54 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 20

^read the forums here:
http://www.xbox-scene.com/
Old 12-19-2007, 06:47 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 21

And...you can FTP directly to the box for roster updates, etc on many games. I did this with MVP05 since the directory structure on where things go was same as the pc version. Not so for NFL2K5.

C

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »