Home

Old 11-15-2007, 06:35 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Franchise Question

i have been playing this game for a while now, but have never figured this out.

how come a player becomes either better or worst after the preaseson games?

does the preseason stats determine how good they will be, or does the stat not have to do anything with it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2007, 07:33 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Franchise Question

i think it may have been a mistake by 2K:

you may also have noticed that there is a "Player Progression" option which appears in franchise mode during the offseason (BEFORE the preseason).

this option is setup like madden's & looks like you'd expect it to look. however, it doesn't seem to have any "real" numbers. After the first-year of franchise it shows the players "previous rating" even though they haven't progressed/regressed at all yet, so I would guess this number is just fake. Unless I'm misreading this, I have never seen even one accurate progression listing under this option.

All this & the fact that all progression instead occurs after the preseason (just before the reg season) leads me to believe that the developers never quite finished this section of franchise.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:48 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

your right its a bug puja, but you are wrong about these being "fake" stats.
the progression is done at the wrong time, it should have been done before pre-season but instead is done after preseason. so the player progression shown in the off season is talking about how the player changed from the year before to the one just played....

okay say you just finished your 2nd year and are now in the off season between year 2 and 3. the player progression actually shows how the player changed from season 1 to 2...

so this is a bit funky for the offseason between year 1 and 2, because it is showing how the player changed from season 0 to season 1... which i guess is some value not sure where it comes from (but it is always the same)... specifically it will say gannon went from a 89 to a 82 after the first season (default roster). In the default roster Gannon is always a 82, never was a 89.

its natural that the progression is this way because well, the progression from the year most recently played hasn't happened yet... wont happen until pre-season.

so long story short, player progression screen is kinda useless cuz it gives you how they changed right before they are going to change again.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:55 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by raxid3
so this is a bit funky for the offseason between year 1 and 2, because it is showing how the player changed from season 0 to season 1... which i guess is some value not sure where it comes from (but it is always the same)... specifically it will say gannon went from a 89 to a 82 after the first season (default roster). In the default roster Gannon is always a 82, never was a 89
this is what i meant by year one being "fake." i had never examined it for consistency in the default roster but any normalcy is obviously null & void by editing all the players into new players
Old 11-17-2007, 10:56 AM   #5
Rookie

thanks guys for answering my question.

i'm still wondering if stats have to do with any of this, wether in the preseason or regular season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2007, 01:22 PM   #6
MVP

i havent seen any correlation-- eg a QB has progressed basically the same for me whether he was benched or playing during the previous season & preseason

my guess remains that this is determined by a hidden attribute like the UNK, the coach's position ratings, or some combination of factors like these.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:29 PM   #7
Rookie

thanks puja for the help.

Same here for me, sometimes, benched players actually become better than some of my starters, i've noticed that older players start to become worst in ratings and rookies become better.??
Old 11-17-2007, 07:40 PM   #8
Rookie

i played a franchise w/ fantasy draft on and i've noticed that after one year the players with unk 0 and unk 2 seem to of progressed better than 1 and 3.

for example, i looked at some of the players that i had in the editor, and players like Jeff Garcia and Adrian Peterson(R) tended to have progressed more than players like Zach miller also a rookie,but had a different unk of 1.

My Devin Hester, and this was using your oct 11 updated roster had a unk of 0 and progressed a lot, i think from a 73 rating to a 83 rating.

but i'm not sure this has to do with it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »