Home

2K5 help: importing players from created teams

This is a discussion on 2K5 help: importing players from created teams within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-23-2007, 04:40 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 26
2K5 help: importing players from created teams

Is it possible to transfer players from the two created teams onto the various rosters of the NFL teams?

It was easy with 2K4 because the two created teams showed up the roster-edit screen. But they’re nowhere to be found in 2K5. And to be clear: I’m talking about transferring players, before starting a season – preparing a roster-save to use in season mode, in other words.

Is there a work-around for this, or is this just not possible with 2K5? Thanks for your help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2007, 11:56 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: 2K5 help: importing players from created teams

load the 2 created teams into the 2-slots of the default roster. save this roster and open it in Finn's editor. click search, dont set any parameters, and sort by team-- this will give a list of all players in the game. if you start at the top of the list & scroll or page down you will soon come to your 2 created teams. i believe they will be sorted by pos (that's how historic teams come out using this method). but at any rate, your created team's players will be on that list clumped together in some logical order

next (also in finn's editor), open the roster you want to import these players to. copy your create team's players into the 2nd roster by using Finn's paste tool. Paste them over existing players on the destination team of your choice... or even just into free agency.

side note: when you paste a player the following 5 things do not transfer & need to be edited manually: first name, last name, PBP, college, years experience. everything else will paste correctly though (attributes, face, skin, equipment, DOB, ht wt, etc)

Last edited by puja21; 05-23-2007 at 04:53 PM.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:18 PM   #3
Banned

puja, thanks a bunch I'll give that a shot. I tried once using Finn's editor, but couldn't see my created teams, so I figured that wasn't the answer. Thanks again.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:54 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 20

youre welcome-- isnt finn's editor amazing?
Old 05-24-2007, 10:34 AM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
isnt finn's editor amazing?
It is. Truth is, if 2K/VC never release another football game, I'd be completely happy with 2K5 and Finn's editor. I even bought a second Xbox and a second copy of 2K5 last year (haven't opened either of them) because my old Xbox is 3 years old, and Microsoft has stopped producing them. 2K5's the only game I play on the Xbox anymore, and if my old Xbox conks out I want to know I can still play 2K5

Got my created-team players moved over to my roster. Thanks again.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »