Home

Something never done on 2k5 yet.....

This is a discussion on Something never done on 2k5 yet..... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-01-2007, 11:02 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 11
Something never done on 2k5 yet.....

Since they (Take Two) are releasing a legends game with fictional teams. Itgot me thinking hey, wouldn't it be cool using Finns editor to create the same game. Only difference would be to have greatest players for each team like all time players. Like they do on NCAA . What do you guys think about something like this........
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2007, 11:35 AM   #2
Pro

hardcor2's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Something never done on 2k5 yet.....

Warpatheb already has one in progress

http://forums.operationsports.com/vB...d.php?t=173978
Old 05-01-2007, 12:07 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

There's been All Time teams done before.

Just not for a while.

What I think would be awesome but VERY time consuming is if someone went back to a certain year and recreated all the teams from that specific year so we could relive old NFL seasons.

Who doesn't want to relive the 1992 or 1993 seasons? It would be kind of a stretch though considering back then there was only 28 or 30 teams and there's 32 on the game but still.

Last edited by MrDangles; 05-01-2007 at 12:13 PM.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:24 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardcor#2
Warpatheb already has one in progress

http://forums.operationsports.com/vB...d.php?t=173978
Wow, I am amazed you remembered that far back. Is he still working on it though?
Old 05-04-2007, 02:00 PM   #5
Rookie

WARPATHEB's Arena

OVR: 3
Talking Re: Something never done on 2k5 yet.....

Yeah I am still working on it. It is a very time consuming process, but well worth it. I also have a Tecmo Super Bowl roster edit that is the 1990 season. I have a sample G.O.A.T. roster with some teams done. It has all the teams offenses done just have 2 finish with the defenses.

Puja21 also has a greats team roster edit with a good year for each team. My G.O.A.T. roster edit will B ready soon.

WARPATHeb
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2007, 05:17 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDangles
What I think would be awesome but VERY time consuming is if someone went back to a certain year and recreated all the teams from that specific year so we could relive old NFL seasons.

Who doesn't want to relive the 1992 or 1993 seasons? It would be kind of a stretch though considering back then there was only 28 or 30 teams and there's 32 on the game but still.
didnt warthepath already do this for 1986 & 1979 (on top of what im certain he did: Tecmo Super Bowl AKA 1990)? For 1990, I am gradually working on getting the ages correct for that season. i use the editor to add 14 years to everyone's real birthday so when you start a franchise (which begins in 2004) players are the same age as in 1990.

And yes, since it was only 28 teams, warthepath just used the inaugural-year for the expansion teams (1995 CAR & JAX, 1996 BAL, 2002 HOU). i thought that was a really good idea. i already fixed the ages for them-- added 9 years for 1995, 8 for '96, etc.
Old 05-05-2007, 12:35 PM   #7
MVP

This all sounds great!!! Keep up with all the great work fellas you are all definatly appreciated.
Old 05-15-2007, 04:11 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm wondering if anyone is working on a set of rosters with the best players from each team at each position - not necessarily players who played simultaneously... for instance, the Patriots (my team) would likely have Brady as their starting QB, and maybe Grogan or Bledsoe as their backup, but also Stanley Morgan, Irving Fryar, Ben Coates, Andre Tippett, Ty Law, Raymond Clayborn, Bruce Smith, the list goes on... so rather than a specific season roster (which I believe is what you guys are working on), an all-time best players on a specific team.

Yes, there are challenges with this. The Panthers, Jaguars, and Texans have only been around a short while... then again, you could also use the Oilers players for the Texans... another challenge would be selecting the best players from each team. Its difficult to know each team's best players - most of us could name one or two great players from each team, but do you know who the 49ers best offensive tackle was? I don't. (should I?)

This would be an awesome roster to use. Maybe doing this and doing a fantasy roster franchise would emulate what All Pro 2K8 will be like

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »