Home

puja21 franchise vJan20IR (310 NCAA players in draft class)

This is a discussion on puja21 franchise vJan20IR (310 NCAA players in draft class) within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-29-2007, 08:11 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: puja21 franchise vJan20IR (310 NCAA players in draft class)

Puja, I dl'd this franchise file last night and am looking forward to starting it soon. Great work, so far! Hopefully you'll be around for any ?'s or reccomendations as they come up.

The rooks are included in the franchise file, right? I'm at work and forgot to look last night when I was looking at the franchise?
Old 01-29-2007, 08:31 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

are these PS2 rosters
Old 01-29-2007, 02:24 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
The rooks are included in the franchise file, right?
yes

Quote:
are these PS2 rosters
no, impossible to do this kind of editing w/ a PS2 save
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2007, 01:27 AM   #12
MVP

puja21 franchise vFeb2IR (ALL 380+ prospects= real NCAA players)

this probably deserves it's own thread b/c of the sheer volume of changes, but the updates are more frequent than i expected, so this will be the thread from here out.

380+ PROSPECTS
i had planned to not add any more players. i lied. now EVERY single player in the offseason draft is a real NFL draft prospect and has everything correct like before (DOB, #, appearance, etc etc). i even messed around w/ the editor & figured out how to fix those 4 buggy players, so they are out of there now replaced by real prospects too.

RATINGS
Although there is still tons to do (pending the combine results when I can implement the OSDCR draft rubric from 2006) for now at least, every player has been adjusted to fit into the standard limits of the file... so stuff like this has been updated:

-cornerbacks in the draft have CTH ratings 1-6
-all outlyers for cases like that (no CON of 1 or 99 either for instance) are removed
-no "weird" things like CBs w/ STR over 80-85 or O-lineman w/ speed in the 90s
-so, these prospects should blend right into the overall file among the other players quite smoothly following the draft
-IMO no prospect is "excessively good" until they develop a little (unfortunately this happens some during the preseason right after the draft-- i cant control it. it's part of the game). But no one is great right away: Joe Thomas/Calvin Johnson/Brady Quinn are low 80s for instance.
-Since only 255 players get drafted and there are almost 400 here, some of them do suck. No one is worse than 55 i think (Definitely not as low as 50), but plenty of guys drop below 60 OVR.

SPECIFIC SKILLS
I did do some more basic editing for every player that was in the Senior Bowl-- this is based on the scouting reports that came out from that game complete w/ letter grades. I also implemented every single "flag" from the ESPNs draft site... so, for example if DUR or SPD was a big question for a prospect, these worries are now reflected in his ratings.

there's just not enough detail available yet, so this will suffice til after the combine.

AGE FIX
This has ALL the rookie/2nd year player updates from my latest roster too:
birthdate fixes, name edits, college corrections, & PBP updates
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_pujaFeb2IR.zip (314.7 KB, 21 views)
Old 02-08-2007, 11:13 PM   #13
MVP

Update from a couple days ago-- enhanced ratings to reel in some outlyers & better reflect this season's on the field performance. I also weighed in other factors such as surrounding players, coach, scheme, SOS, etc...

Mostly I tried to only adjust CON for established players rather than change a guy's SPD or other abilities from year-to-year. This fits well as CON is defined as how often a player plays up to his potential.

Following guys received adjustments:

Addai, Joseph
Anderson, Mike
Barlow, Kevin
Baskett, Hank
Batch, Charlie
Battle, Arnaz
Bennett, Drew
Benson, Cedric
Berrian, Bernard
Betts, Ladell
Bledsoe, Drew
Booker, Marty
Branch, Deion
Brees, Drew
Brown, Ronnie
Bruce, Isaac
Bryant, Antonio
Bulger, Mark
Burleson, Nate
Caldwell, Reche
Carr, David
Carter, Drew
Carter, Tim
Chambers, Chris
Childress, Bam
Colbert, Keary
Curry, Ronald
Curtis, Kevin
Davis, Stephen
Delhomme, Jake
Dilfer, Trent
Driver, Donald
Droughns, Reuben
Duckett, TJ
Favre, Brett
Fisher, Tony
Frerotte, Gus
Frye, Charlie
Gaffney, Jabar
Garcia, Jeff
Garrard, David
Givens, David
Glenn, Terry
Gore, Frank
Green, Trent
Griese, Brian
Grossman, Rex
Hall, Dante
Harrington, Joey
Harrison, Jerome
Hasselbeck, Matt
Henderson, Devery
Henry, Anthony
Hester, Devin
Holcomb, Kelly
Holmes, Santonio
Houshmandzadeh, TJ
Huard, Damon
Jackson, Chad
Jenkins, Michael
Jennings, Greg
Johnson, Andre
Johnson, Brad
Johnson, Keyshawn
Jones, Kevin
Jones, Matt
Jones, Thomas
Jordan, Lamont
Kennison, Eddie
Kitna, Jon
Leftwich, Byron
Leinart, Matt
Lelie, Ashley
Lewis, Greg
Lloyd, Brandon
Losman, JP
Lundy, Wali
Manning, Eli
Mason, Derrick
McCardell, Keenan
McGahee, Willis
McNair, Steve
Moulds, Eric
Nall, Craig
Newman, Terence
Norwood, Jerious
Palmer, Carson
Parker, Willie
Pennington, Chad
Plummer, Jake
Porter, Jerry
Portis, Clinton
Randle El, Antwaan
Rhodes, Dominic
Rodgers, Aaron
Roethlisberger, Ben
Romo, Tony
Simms, Chris
Smith, Alex
Smith, Rod
Stokley, Brandon
Taylor, Chris
Taylor, Fred
Vick, Michael
Warner, Kurt
Washington, Leon
Weeks, Marquis
Wilford, Ernest
Williams, Carnell
Williams, Mike
Williams, Reggie
Wright, Anthony
Young, Vince

I have already gathered and processed some rubrics for editing OL and defensive player ratings based on 06-07 performance, so that is the next step (in addition to rookie edits after the combine). Expect the Browns, Lions, Raiders, Cardinals, & Texans to see the OL ratings drop. Same for the defenses of WAS, TEN, CIN, ARI, CLE, SF, & DET-- while OAK will improve.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_pujaFeb7IR.zip (311.0 KB, 15 views)
Old 02-15-2007, 12:39 AM   #14
MVP

puja21 franchise vFeb14IR Latest Update

Just copied over the ratings updates to this franchise file for the ~500 players I updated in my latest roster post.

There was one error from the previous franchise that I noticed & fixed:
Gerome Sapp: I failed to re-point his name back to Sapp again after overwriting its slot to "Gunn" for a draft prospect.

EDITS
Quote:
In the past 2 weeks I have individually updated ratings for 475 players:
-223 out of the 334 off linemen in my file are now updated based largely on team performance from 06-07
-140 defensive players also have new ratings
-& of course the 112 skill players from the last update

Notable edits from a team perspective:
-Raiders, Saints & Jets have improved defenses
-Raiders have the worst OL of all teams
-Cards, Bucs, Lions, Browns, Bills have significantly worse O-lines compared to my previous files

I have attached a really simple zip containing logically sorted folders w/ Finn export spreadsheets of all positions. The kicker is that these datasheets CONTAIN OVERALL RATINGS for every player, so you can see who the best players are at each pos without opening the roster in your game. All columns fit easily on a 1024x768 monitor so you can quickly process the info visually w/o a bunch of scrolling left & right. Each spreadsheet lists only the attributes which are pertinent to that position, so there are no PAC, PST, or PRC ratings listed unless it's the quarterback datasheet.

All positions do have these listed ratings in common, however:
SPD, AGL, STR, JMP, STM, DUR, LDR, CMP, CON, and AGG

These excel sheets will allow you to quickly & easily see any personal ratings adjustments you want to make for your favorite players or teams. The players I have recently edited have cells highlighted in green fill (excluding OL because so many were updated).

There are also a few spreadsheets containing sortable 06-07 statistics (individual defensive leaders, team defense stats, etc). A couple sheets of of my editing rubrics are in there too (my formulas are removed but the raw data is present).

Regarding transactions, this is still my 06-07 roster (this is basically now my 06-07 Roster thread). So, for instance, Luke Petigout and Arrington are still on the NYG and will remain so until my post-draft roster.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_pujaFeb14IR.zip (313.5 KB, 43 views)
File Type: zip 06-07 PLAYER RATINGS.zip (218.8 KB, 20 views)
Old 03-16-2007, 07:30 AM   #15
Pro

jerseyboi2284's Arena

OVR: 9

this is probably a stupid question....but i'll ask anyway. how do i get the 2008 draft class imported into my roster? i see you have a file with draft classes from 2007 - 2011 and im going into my 2nd season with a draft class full of strange rated players. any help would be appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2007, 03:55 PM   #16
MVP

IMPORTING the 2007 draft class into existing franchises

there cant be much demand for this anymore but ive gotten a couple PMs about importing this draft class into other existing franchises. this is not at all a reliable process, & will probably be quite buggy.... but if you are bent on trying it here is the explanation for those still learning Finn's editor:

Quote:
download & open my latest franchise file w/ the real NCAA draft class in Finn's Editor & navigate to the roster called "Draft class" (it's right after Vikings & Free Agents, before 49ers). Right-click on the team name (where it says DRAFT CLASS in white letters on black background) and select export, & save the draft class to a folder somewhere on your PC.

Next open your own existing franchise in Finn's editor, navigate to it's pre-existing draft class, right click on the team name "Draft Class" again, & select import this time instead of export (obviously). Browse to the exported draft class on your PC that you just saved & import my draft class on top of the old, generated one.

If your draft class has fewer or more players than the class being imported (it probably will by anywhere from a couple to 10 players), you will get a popup warning from the editor. It should still complete the import & function, but some players will be missing &-- depending on what base roster you started your franchise with-- many or all the unique NCAA names might not transfer over. After the import, if you want to add/remove anyone to compensate for these potential bugs, you should do so within Finn's editor. Do not attempt in-game editing of the imported class. You can copy and paste over players from other franchises into the draft class by having both franchises open at the same time.

if you're using your own personal rosters for your destination franchise, i cant in anyway tell you this will work at all... it may even cause freezing, so backup files first
. however, if you are attempting this w/ a franchise that has my latest offseason rosters as a base (rosters from the middle of offseason transactions, posted Mar/Apr '07), i can tell you from testing that I havent personally had any freezing problems.

There are some small issues b/c the class you overwrite will have 380 players whereas, the import file has ~390. A couple generic players will appear, & some real NCAA players will be missing after the import. MOST of the unique draft prospect names import over just fine, but a handful do not make the trip over & will require manual editing to get their names correct. of course, you can open the original Franchise file & your new one (after import) to compare the 2 draft classes side by side & make sure every rookie you want/need is in there.

^edit for those new to finn's editor: to do this comparison, open both files and set the view to tile vertically. navigate both files so that they are each open to the roster named "Draft class" and sort or filter the players by name or pos... however you want really. to add or remove players, you can then right-click individual players from one file, select copy, and paste them on top of any player the other file. Bear in mind that the following things WILL be pasted: position, appearance, attributes, equipment, photo, jersey #, ht, wt, body type, DOB... but these five things will NOT copy over & need to be edited manually: (1) First name, (2) Last Name, (3) PBP, (4) college, and (5) years experience

Last edited by puja21; 04-06-2007 at 04:11 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »