Home

Ok, let's give it a shot: COMMUNITY ROSTER/DRAFT UPDATE, everyone get in here

This is a discussion on Ok, let's give it a shot: COMMUNITY ROSTER/DRAFT UPDATE, everyone get in here within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-30-2006, 11:09 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Ok, let's give it a shot: COMMUNITY ROSTER/DRAFT UPDATE, everyone get in here

Big changes everyone. Well, the consistency ratings will not be altered at all. If a player has a 8.0 consistency on nfl.com, then that will be an 80 in the game. No deductions. I just created Young and Bush, and their CAPs came out BEAUTIFULLY.

Bush was an 84 and Young a 79.

And with that, I'm off to sleep, have to wake up early for work tomorrow, thanks to everyone for everything we've gotten done tonight, and hopefully we can get some big names like Rickster and Dan involved in this project to make sure everything is perfect. Goodnite.

Last edited by Flipmo23; 04-30-2006 at 11:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2006, 01:49 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Ok, let's give it a shot: COMMUNITY ROSTER/DRAFT UPDATE, everyone get in here

Put me down for doing something. I don't have a ton o' time, so probably not 1st rounders, but I definitely want to help.

Another question - all 7 rounds? Won't we run into CAP restrictions? I thought there was a max of 50 CAP. But I think I've also heard there's a way around this. So....could someone with more information enlighten me? Thanks in advance.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:08 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjortman
Put me down for doing something. I don't have a ton o' time, so probably not 1st rounders, but I definitely want to help.

Another question - all 7 rounds? Won't we run into CAP restrictions? I thought there was a max of 50 CAP. But I think I've also heard there's a way around this. So....could someone with more information enlighten me? Thanks in advance.
There's ways around it, not exactly how, but I'm sure we can do at least the first 4 rounds at the least. Well, I'm off to work, I'll be back around 7pm EST, see if we can get this off the ground tonight.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:34 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipmo23
There's ways around it, not exactly how, but I'm sure we can do at least the first 4 rounds at the least. Well, I'm off to work, I'll be back around 7pm EST, see if we can get this off the ground tonight.
Seems like maybe we can use Phil's as a good starting point. Anyone know if it has any free agent moves? Or when the roster is accurate as-of?

Regardless, at least the players for rounds 1 and 2 are created - just have to edit them to match NFL.com's ratings. Big "thanks" to Phil!!!
Old 05-01-2006, 03:57 PM   #29
Pro

OVR: 9

Nice work Phil, I like the idea of a community roster, and very good find with the NFL.com analysis. However, I was looking through the analysis and I felt the "hands" ratings weren't very good for the game. If I used a 70 catch rating for Santonio Holmes or Chad Jackson based on the 7.0 hands rating on the site, they seriously wouldn't catch much of anything on this game and were to the two best WRs in the draft. There are quite a bit of drops in this game as is, but having relatively low catch ratings will make it even worse. Anyone agree that a point or half a point should be added to catch ratings?
Old 05-01-2006, 03:57 PM   #30
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjortman
Seems like maybe we can use Phil's as a good starting point. Anyone know if it has any free agent moves? Or when the roster is accurate as-of?

Regardless, at least the players for rounds 1 and 2 are created - just have to edit them to match NFL.com's ratings. Big "thanks" to Phil!!!

Greetings and salutations to you all wanting to get involved with the community roster project proposed by Flipmo23 and myself, it appears gentlemen that Flipmo23 has presented us all with a sound and strategic approach to refurbish/refresh the current game into a bonified update for 2K7 Football in true ESPN 2K style.

As he has stated I've been trying to organize this type of project for sometime now and at this point it does appear that such a project is possible with a cooperative effort from members here that know Football and have an interest and enthusiasim working and creating rosters.

With that said I want to insure that the "BASE" roster we agree on will be the one chosen for all updates coming from one place as in "OS...Da Spot" worked on by myself and dedicated members from this site to insure the integrity and authenticity by working on the roster this way we can be sure of its source and become familiar with whatever issues it might present as we move along implimenting created/updated players as needed.

At this time now I've seen two (2) rosters DL'd at this site in the form of exhibition rosters with a few rookies spinkled through and through, for the most part very impressive gentlemen your contibitions are greatly appreciated and if you haven't been told yet...thank you for your time and efforts.

Moving right along with all of this I found the details and info about these rosters very lacking as for what and how they were put together, this is important because in the past as roster makers we've run across rosters before that have either been over edited or edited in such a way as to cause issues such as freezing, players names blanked out players in the wrong positions during returns ect,ect or just a buggy roster that won't play through correctly.

I like what Flipmo23 has done in presenting the schematic and breakdown in the form of very very reliable info via the DA site he's link for us to use and reference to so for the most part we should be in excellent shape to actually impliment these ratings according to actual real time info...thanks Flipmo23 the info at that site should prove most useful.

JWZZR and Phil21 are the guys who've dropped a couple rosters so far but nothing concrete actually because they are two seperate rosters actually and no discussions have taken place among the members working on this project it appears that nothing is set in stone yet as for what direction to go into and whose roster is going to be the "BASE" to work out of.

So heres the sitution guys...we are all aware of JWZZR and Phil21 rosters they're both up and posted but little is know about their makeups so what is needed at this time is some type of agreeable consensus as to what roster we should proceed with.

Both roster appear to be from the same base set posted by Slapnutz not long ago and credit should be given to him for a job well done sadly his name seems to have been overlooked by these cats but its all good just give the guys his props for work he's done getting you to this point...thanks Slapnutz you aren't forgotten by those who know your work!!!

From what I've seen from JWZZRs work and earlier contributions he appears to be true to keeping informed and in the know and offers to help out on a good consistant bases so I'm somewhat comforatable with his rosters and body of work over his tenure here at "OS...Da Spot" and he's a nice guy always around and willing to help out anyway he can.

As for Phil21 and his roster set it appears to be just as solid but I really can't say what his roster does because I haven't seen anything explaining what or how they were put together so its a check it out and see type of thing.

My choice would be to go with JWZZRs because I know how he works his rosters and have spoken to him via this site asking and inquiring about them and he's always given a viable explanation as to what they are and what he's done to them as far as edits and other vital info insuring me of his intentions and the rosters integrity.

If you've some insight as to whoes roster we should proceed with as the "BASE" then let it be heard now so this thing and take-off and we as roster makers and editors can get to work...we only need one to start and the edits more then likely will be done via the info and DA link provided by Flipmo23.

I'm gonna keep an eye on this thread here and see what you guys think about the proposal I've mentioned using either JWZZRs or Phil21s roster as a "BASE" or if needed we can seek another roster (Slapnutz) to work out of but at this time I personally have a fondness for JWZZRs which are actually based from Slapnutz great update and was found to be very stable with no freezing issues and JWZZR has included some nice rookie addtions in proper detail, now the edits are another story and I'm sure we'll get those taken care of also based on the research and fact finding resources presented by Flipmo23...a solid and sound analysis if I should say so myself...I'm impressed he went into such detail providing info as he has...outstanding job Flipmo23 I'm with you on this one we just need that "BASE" now to get things started.

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101
Old 05-01-2006, 04:02 PM   #31
Daydream Believer

Flyboy's Arena

OVR: 26

Well, I can post my "BASE" rosters which is basically all the free agency moves made at this point. To your credit, they are a roster set you posted AWHILE back there Rickster but with some of my edits and moving around. I can post that if you guys would like and then we can all decide on it from there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2006, 04:13 PM   #32
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejackal25
Nice work Phil, I like the idea of a community roster, and very good find with the NFL.com analysis. However, I was looking through the analysis and I felt the "hands" ratings weren't very good for the game. If I used a 70 catch rating for Santonio Holmes or Chad Jackson based on the 7.0 hands rating on the site, they seriously wouldn't catch much of anything on this game and were to the two best WRs in the draft. There are quite a bit of drops in this game as is, but having relatively low catch ratings will make it even worse. Anyone agree that a point or half a point should be added to catch ratings?

Have you read anything in this thread as to what we plan on doing as for the edits and creating players properly with no hype or fanfare, these guys are still unproven rookies regardless of my or your expections this isn't the focus or intention here and the ratings will be for the most part "FAT FREE" so lets not get greedy and "FATTEN" up rosters and players because you'll only kill the project and the rosters will "FAIL" due to an over reaction and greed to fatten up players who haven't "PROVEN" themselves.

Facts are facts and projections are projections nothing is written in stone especially when it comes to rookies and unproven players...we'll stick to the data provided by reliable resources and real-time data not a fantasy or hyped up projection but based on the facts and real-time info as presented by Flipmo23 and the info and data he's presented...why you might ask...its a more realistic way to do rosters and is consistent based on the facts and real info broken down already...read this thread again I think you're missing the point here!!!

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »