Home

Mike8027's Last Roster Update (Jan 17th Ver.)

This is a discussion on Mike8027's Last Roster Update (Jan 17th Ver.) within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-04-2005, 04:26 PM   #9
MVP

Flyermania's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Mike8027's Last Roster Update (Jan 17th Ver.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason4Heisman18
What is Flying Finns roster editor?
An editor (for XBox) that allows you to do a lot of editing to the rosters (i.e. global edits).

You can check it out & download it here: http://web.tampabay.rr.com/flyingfinn/roster.htm
Old 05-18-2005, 04:47 PM   #10
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Hey Mike I know this is a little late and it was only after going thru my old files that I reopened these and realized that this was a really great roster that appears to have flown under the radar for some of us but with 237 views I find it almost sad that not enough of us actually thanked you for them so in saying that I just wanted to say "Thank You" for your work on them.

I guess with the NBA in full effect most of us just got caught up in all the excitement and really didn't give them the credit they deserve,great job on these I'll be sure to take a little more time when looking at great files like this one because I now consider them "Classics" and will treasure them as one of your better efforts that as I've stated pretty much flew under the radar almost unoticed...great job bro and again thanks.

Guys you should really revisit these and give em' one more run through for old time sake I think most of you will be pleasantly surprised so give em' a whirl there pretty good IMO and pretty much have gone unoticed.

Consider them lost treasures reintroduced by a guy who has a real passion for the game who just wants to share some good times from days past and once again thanks Mike these are really something special.

Holla Back y'all
Old 08-10-2005, 02:05 PM   #11
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Was this the last roster submitted by VC with added players and roster patches?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2005, 04:35 PM   #12
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
Was this the last roster submitted by VC with added players and roster patches?

Yo noplace check his opening post...Nov 31st thats what he worked off of for this. He used a DL from Nov. updated it and added additions because it was easier to work off his roster as oppose to re-updating theirs which had missing players.

Heres the story as I undersdtand it:

Mikw8027 worked on several updates through out the entire season along with several other roster makers,this roster is from "His" Nov. update and included some players that the online roster missed so being a roster guy yourself you'd have an understanding of filling in certain roster slots based on current rosters in the NFL at that time...for example "Jeff George" appeared on no ones rosters but was with the Bears for a brief stint...VC never updated a roster showing that but Mike8027 keeping the roster as current and as accurate as possible created and placed him on the Bears roster.

To answer your question directly yes and no in a sense heres what I mean...

VCs last update was posted Jan 2 2004 I believe and as far as patchs go I've no knowledge of any such thing other then when my XBOX live reconfigures itself and updates automatically as I view it on the screen when I log on,I know of what happened with NBA 2K5 and that makes it possible for NFL 2K5...soooo if they fixed bugs in their baskeball game why not fix the bugs in their Football game?

I don't know the answer but when I play the same issues are still there in the game...my assumption is no they didn't patch the NFL 2K5 game it still has issues unlike NBA 2K5 which have been addressed via XBOX live and their online rosters...example...the time out bug in NBA 2K5,player substitutions and other issues that appear to be gone and thus play a better game all around.

As far as the rosters themselves other then player faces and their edits that would be considered part of the roster update by them and usually the ratings are changed and in some cases the players faces if available but the "Focus" is on the player "Ratings" thats an update not a "Patch".

Most patchs are for gameplay aspects or bugs that they fix via logging on updating and reconfiguring you XBOX settings and whatever eles is DL to your system via the online service.

Some guys claim to have patchs for the XBOX,not possible to put a patch in a file unless you're doing it via some kinda mod which violates conditions for XBOX LIVE online service,I asked the customer service rep via their number 1-800-4MY-XBOX.

VC updates the rosters for online service (XBOX) those are the rosters most guys want to work off of because its what we know as the "Base" and since its from the online service its asumed to be correct and current and for the most part it is however some players do slip between the cracks thats where you come in and fill in the slots.

Through watching,reading and paying close attention to current sports news anyone can do a roster update if their willing to put in the time to do it right.

The tough part is getting player ratings and positions correct and current to reflect that point in the season where their attributes match their performaces at that time.

Sorry to be long winded but this question about patchs and simular issues have been asked and addressed and still guys don't get it...there is no patch for NFL 2K5 other then what you experience online and DLing online rosters.

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Old 08-11-2005, 05:54 PM   #13
MVP

I have the most recent update with no edits . I worked against noplace. Its based upon the Jan. Update. With trades and photos. Not all the rosters are in this file though.

Gamertag XRob da Realist
Old 08-12-2005, 07:56 AM   #14
MVP

noplace's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
Yo noplace check his opening post...Nov 31st thats what he worked off of for this. He used a DL from Nov. updated it and added additions because it was easier to work off his roster as oppose to re-updating theirs which had missing players.

Heres the story as I undersdtand it:

Mikw8027 worked on several updates through out the entire season along with several other roster makers,this roster is from "His" Nov. update and included some players that the online roster missed so being a roster guy yourself you'd have an understanding of filling in certain roster slots based on current rosters in the NFL at that time...for example "Jeff George" appeared on no ones rosters but was with the Bears for a brief stint...VC never updated a roster showing that but Mike8027 keeping the roster as current and as accurate as possible created and placed him on the Bears roster.

To answer your question directly yes and no in a sense heres what I mean...

VCs last update was posted Jan 2 2004 I believe and as far as patchs go I've no knowledge of any such thing other then when my XBOX live reconfigures itself and updates automatically as I view it on the screen when I log on,I know of what happened with NBA 2K5 and that makes it possible for NFL 2K5...soooo if they fixed bugs in their baskeball game why not fix the bugs in their Football game?

I don't know the answer but when I play the same issues are still there in the game...my assumption is no they didn't patch the NFL 2K5 game it still has issues unlike NBA 2K5 which have been addressed via XBOX live and their online rosters...example...the time out bug in NBA 2K5,player substitutions and other issues that appear to be gone and thus play a better game all around.

As far as the rosters themselves other then player faces and their edits that would be considered part of the roster update by them and usually the ratings are changed and in some cases the players faces if available but the "Focus" is on the player "Ratings" thats an update not a "Patch".

Most patchs are for gameplay aspects or bugs that they fix via logging on updating and reconfiguring you XBOX settings and whatever eles is DL to your system via the online service.

Some guys claim to have patchs for the XBOX,not possible to put a patch in a file unless you're doing it via some kinda mod which violates conditions for XBOX LIVE online service,I asked the customer service rep via their number 1-800-4MY-XBOX.

VC updates the rosters for online service (XBOX) those are the rosters most guys want to work off of because its what we know as the "Base" and since its from the online service its asumed to be correct and current and for the most part it is however some players do slip between the cracks thats where you come in and fill in the slots.

Through watching,reading and paying close attention to current sports news anyone can do a roster update if their willing to put in the time to do it right.

The tough part is getting player ratings and positions correct and current to reflect that point in the season where their attributes match their performaces at that time.

Sorry to be long winded but this question about patchs and simular issues have been asked and addressed and still guys don't get it...there is no patch for NFL 2K5 other then what you experience online and DLing online rosters.

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Props for the insight Rick. Good looking out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »