Home

NFL 2K5 Mod Bringing Updated Textures and More to Timeless Classic

This is a discussion on NFL 2K5 Mod Bringing Updated Textures and More to Timeless Classic within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-01-2021, 08:47 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NFL 2K5 Mod Bringing Updated Textures and More to Timeless Classic

The work being put in to this mod is nothing short of magic. You all are doing awesome work!
Old 12-18-2021, 02:18 PM   #50
Rookie

packers's Arena

This Tuesday Dec 21, 2021, version 1.5 will be released. Lot's of amazing work has been put into this. Big credit to the entire team!

Here's a look at the 98-99 Rams uniform and one of the custom selection scripts I created that will allow players to select certain texture options.

Old 12-21-2021, 06:51 PM   #51
Rookie

packers's Arena

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2021, 09:51 AM   #52
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

This looks fantastic, and I can't wait to give it a shot.

This will be my first 2k5 on a pc experience. Is it still possible to use one of the editor tools to do things like take control of all teams for the draft?
Old 12-29-2021, 05:22 PM   #53
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Can this version of NFL 2k5 be played on the RetroArch emulator on the Series X? I sure hope so!
Old 12-31-2021, 01:23 PM   #54
Rookie

packers's Arena

Hey Everyone -

We would like to wish everyone a Happy, Healthy and Adventurous New Year going into 2022!

2021 was a great year for the NFL 2K5 community in collaboration with the Madden community. For the first time in our community’s history, we were able to create a MOD for our beloved NFL 2K5 that brought the game into the current NFL Football era. We are proud and thrilled to have achieved our initial project goals and more for not only ourselves, but our entire community to enjoy.

Thank you to everyone who helped, shared ideas/feedback and support. Keep dreaming big, having fun, making new friends and memories!

Thanks,
LostsouL (packers)
Old 01-01-2022, 12:07 PM   #55
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Wish I had a PC powerful enough to run this.

Just watching the DB/WR interactions, and the ball trajectory while passing, just makes me wanna play this game SO BAD.

Sadly, I will tinker with Madden 22 some more
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2022, 12:48 PM   #56
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

I downloaded the patch, but it seems I am missing a file that runs the "player icon" script. The full version has it, but my desktop is so cluttered with stuff that I'm afraid if I redownload everything that I'm going to lose out on some files that I personally need if I transfer it all over. Does anyone know what I need for the player icon script?

Also, I've tried to edit .DDS files, but when I do they aren't recognized textures in the game. What exactly is the process involved in saving said files, and are people using Photoshop to make them?

Anyway, I've tried some of the other broadcast logos, but since ESPN shows up in some other portions it's kind of weird to let the FOX or CBS logo pop up, for example. I guess I'll just stick with ESPN, heh.

I'm realizing more and more that it's less likely this PS2 version will ever get a chance to inherit the Xbox graphics and stadium music importing, which is just a shame. XEMU is now capable of playing ESPN NFL 2K5 to some capacity, so I'm interested in seeing if anyone will ever do a project for the Xbox version of the game on the level that was done here, and if XEMU is capable of handling this title the same way that PCSX2 does.

Regardless, this has been amazing and I hope to see this continue for years to come! Thanks, and keep it up!
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »