Home

Official Wishlist Thread

This is a discussion on Official Wishlist Thread within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-08-2003, 06:55 PM   #9
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Official Wishlist Thread

Can't say I agree with everything (some stuff is possible just not very obvious) but that's a very nice list, Classified. Not much left out.
Old 12-08-2003, 07:01 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

divide the tackle button into two buttons. a wrap tackle button and a hit tackle button, wrap is safer but less effective with lower tackle rated players, hit is riskier but more effective. would work the same as when defending the pass with the catch and block buttons and allow for user skill to over come the ratings game.
Old 12-08-2003, 08:05 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

Controls:

- A better juke move. Pressure sensitive would be nice. A light tap on R2 would quickly fake left and continue right without much hesitation. A full press would sidestep juke similar to madden, but make sure the player slows down and has to accelerate again (there also should be an Accelerate Rating for players).

- Better lateral response (not very important). The lateral is almost useless because hitting L1 and R1 at the same time is tough and there isn't much leeway with the timing (your timing has to be perfect for it to work). So most of the time the player will just stiffarm.

Running:

- As of now you can turn 90 degrees with an agile back without losing any speed. There should be an animation of the RB making a cut instead and somewhat slowing down. The RB would also not be able to get to the outside as quickly, especially a power back.

- When out in the open and tapping X, the RB should take longer strides and run at full speed. A sweep at the legs (diving tackle from behind) should either slow the RB by getting him off balance or knock him down completely. A Balance Rating for RBs might be an addition.

So the running game would be like this:
-- When tapping X, always run at full speed with long strides. This wouldn't be effective in the backfield unless there is a big hole and you run straight through it. You can't break as many tackles while running like this, but obviously getting a good angle on a tackle would be difficult. Also turning would be difficult.

-- When charged up run with power. It would be great for charging through the line and moving the pile, like in a short yardage situation.

-- When not tapping X or being charged, run with very short strides, but you can be shifty and change direction much easier. Once there's a lane, then you can accelerate and burst through it.

- Make the jump more effective. Let the Jumping Rating really take an effect with each RB. All the jumping animation seem to look weird. When the RB jumps, he hangs in the air for too long.

- Gaining extra yardage after a hit is too extreme and very random. Add different animations of tacklers being pushed forward. A few animations for an extra 1, 2, 3, and sometimes those 5-7 yard drags. If you're running without power, getting yards after a hit should be low if at all.

- If a player turns very quickly, have the RB slip and fall on very rare occasions (and very rare, it would be annoying otherwise). The Balance Rating could be used here too. I've seen my Safety fall down for no reason, so why not the running backs? Weather should affect this a lot. A snow game with a lot of stumbles or near stumbles would be fun.

The Line:

- Some sacks need to be improved. A defensive lineman can be a few yards away from you, then all of the sudden they leap horizontally and get you down. These type of sacks don't happen to often, and this sack animation is so fast you can't dodge it or anything.

- Linemen need to be pushed around noticeably. Sometimes you could have linemen get pushed into the RB or QB. Let holes open and close up as a result of a good push. This is part of the reason why running through the middle is very hard. Also, stepping up into the pocket would actually work. So offense linemen should provide better protection, but have them blow a few blocks sometimes (more variation).

- Balls tipped at the line of scrimmage should once in a while be tipped high into the air and forward.

- Blocking rating needs to do more. WRs should not be blocking like offensive linemen. The strong toss is SO effective because of this and the RB issues I noted earlier.

Fatigue:

- This is one of my biggest gripes. There should be two levels. Short-term and long-term fatigue. The long-term fatigue is permanent in a game. If a RB has 40 carries, carry #41 should be nowhere near the same effectiveness as the first carry. I don't want to see the "Run Ricky Run" strategy anymore. At the same time defenses should be worn out too if they're chasing around a RB all day.

Looks like I rambled off and wrote too much, but I have one more thing to add. Variance makes a football game very fun. Every game should feel unique in someway. Have a corner blow his coverage once in a while (ok, so this one happens quite a bit ). Have a CPU player get a rare punt block. Make a WR run a wrong route from a miscommunication, maybe from crowd noise or excessive no huddles. Let players fall or miss blocks completely (the latter happens a lot more than it should, but only on the ends). A punt should be shanked every once in a while. Etc, etc. You get the idea

By the way, does VC actually read these posts or just listen to the general outcry of the fans?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2003, 08:19 PM   #12
Rookie

I also wanted to see different options in tackling. I'd like to see a hit high and hit low button. Being charged up would go for the bigger hit and not being charged up would go for the lighter tackle. So you have 4 different tackles right there. But either way is fine, I'd just like to be able to have some more control over my defensive play.
Old 12-08-2003, 11:24 PM   #13
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24

KEEP THE TAP METHOD FOR SPRINTING! If holding A runs full speed, there is NO CONTROL over running speed! The faster you tap, the faster you sprint-- PLEASE JUST TRY TO REVAMP THE RUNNING ANIMATION
---Maybe ability to choose one of several running animation styles for each player?

Personally, I'd like a lot more create-a-player options. Right now there are a total of maybe 25 faces, 5 for each skin tone. In later years in my franchise, everyone looks exactly the same. There NEEDS to be more options for player appearance:
---lots more faces to choose from
---ability to edit hairstyle (we see players w/o helmets in-game, we should be able to edit what they look like without helmets
---ability to edit body (arm size, torso size, pad size, etc)
---more equipment to choose from (team colored half-sleeves, team colored mouthpiece, ability to choose nasal strip, more gloves, more shoes, black visors that are actually completely black, wristband placement (below elbow, elbow, above elbow)

I love all the sideline animations/cutscenes-- add more
---let the user choose what touchdown dance to perform
---have a player of the game feature
---have a sideline correspondant (for injuries etc)
---at the beginning of the game, have the starting lineups show up with their pictures
---more variety in sideline cutscenes
---more variety in pregame warmup

COMMENTARY DURING THE PLAY!!!
"Collins drops back, puts up a bomb... and it's CAUGHT BY TOOMER! He's running down the sideline, 20, 10, 5, TOUCHDOWN GIANTS!"

Old 12-09-2003, 07:24 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 22

Some more playoff atmosphere...sega is on the right track but the heart and soul of NFL Football is the playoffs, Maybe some more playoff atmosphere for pregame and during game.
Old 12-09-2003, 02:43 PM   #15
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8

Fix the running animation and momentum of it. If i want to turn or take an angle the running back shouldnt slow down so they can take an angle or change directions.

Qb throwing animation needs to be worked on alittle bit as well.

And during Primetime hightlight more than 3 games and also do a highlight of the user game as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2003, 04:28 PM   #16
Rookie

Re: kicking game...

the kicking game needs to be redone, i agree... but i still want to control my kicker! i think there should be some random element to it though... the odd shank on a punt or FG. how about a block, like, ever. or how about some kicker missing an extra point and getting released like always happens in the NFL... see 49ers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »