Home

Unuasual Games / Plays

This is a discussion on Unuasual Games / Plays within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-11-2013, 10:59 AM   #1
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19
Unuasual Games / Plays

I have been messing around with making VIPs for certain coaches who have specific playbooks and tendencies. I started in '11 when the Broncos were running like crazy with Tebow and company. I always wanted to do it for some of the 80s/90s teams that ran certain plays, etc.

So..

I've made a VIP for Wayne Fontes, Buddy Ryan, and Jerry Glanville. Eventually there will be a page on my site for these, but I'm not releasing them until I've played at least ten games with each profile. I found you need to play at least that much to get specific situations under control.

Anyway...

I was playing with the 1991 Atlanta Falcons under the Glanville VIP and RedGun playbook I made and was just about to beat the lowly Bucs (after having lost against the Lions 35-7). I was up 23-20, had just intercepted Testaverde and was on their 5. I ran three times and was stuffed all three. Instead of taking a knee and just running the time out, I decide to pile it on and kick a last second field goal. Wouldn't you know it- the Bucs broke right through the line, blocked the kick and ran it back 95 yards as time ran out for a 27-23 win. I've seen one other blocked kick before, but never in that situation. I was pretty stunned.

I went back and tinkered with the playbook and came back and beat up the Steelers the next game. The book is pretty accurate and it is cool to see the VIP call the plays like I want. When I played the Lions, it was all 1-back, run and shoot, with Peete rolling out and Barry tearing it up (over 200 yards on me). Cool to see them run the book like you'd expect.

I have an 80s Eagles playbook for Buddy Ryan too. There are a lot of Bear defensive plays and he calls it quite a bit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2013, 03:59 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Unuasual Games / Plays

Quote:
Originally Posted by dophin26
I have been messing around with making VIPs for certain coaches who have specific playbooks and tendencies. I started in '11 when the Broncos were running like crazy with Tebow and company. I always wanted to do it for some of the 80s/90s teams that ran certain plays, etc.

So..

I've made a VIP for Wayne Fontes, Buddy Ryan, and Jerry Glanville. Eventually there will be a page on my site for these, but I'm not releasing them until I've played at least ten games with each profile. I found you need to play at least that much to get specific situations under control.

Anyway...

I was playing with the 1991 Atlanta Falcons under the Glanville VIP and RedGun playbook I made and was just about to beat the lowly Bucs (after having lost against the Lions 35-7). I was up 23-20, had just intercepted Testaverde and was on their 5. I ran three times and was stuffed all three. Instead of taking a knee and just running the time out, I decide to pile it on and kick a last second field goal. Wouldn't you know it- the Bucs broke right through the line, blocked the kick and ran it back 95 yards as time ran out for a 27-23 win. I've seen one other blocked kick before, but never in that situation. I was pretty stunned.

I went back and tinkered with the playbook and came back and beat up the Steelers the next game. The book is pretty accurate and it is cool to see the VIP call the plays like I want. When I played the Lions, it was all 1-back, run and shoot, with Peete rolling out and Barry tearing it up (over 200 yards on me). Cool to see them run the book like you'd expect.

I have an 80s Eagles playbook for Buddy Ryan too. There are a lot of Bear defensive plays and he calls it quite a bit.
Would LOVE to check out some of your VIPs! I play a lot of your 80's seasons
Old 03-15-2013, 08:49 AM   #3
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

I am slowly working on them. When I have at least 3 to post, I'll get the page started. I just don't want to throw them up until they're ready.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:22 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dophin26
I am slowly working on them. When I have at least 3 to post, I'll get the page started. I just don't want to throw them up until they're ready.
Can they be used in league/franchise play?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »