Home

ESPN NFL2k5 the little things thread

This is a discussion on ESPN NFL2k5 the little things thread within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-05-2012, 10:33 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: ESPN NFL2k5 the little things thread

How about reaching for the first down when you dive close to the first down marker, or the cpu coach missing chalenges.......
Old 12-25-2012, 12:00 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

I really love how the faster QB's will actually pick up loose coverage and scramble for a first down. Also love the way they slide.

1. NHL 14
2. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 Sim Mode
3. ESPN NFL 2K5 w/ Gills 2013 roster update
3. NBA 2K11 w/ mkharsh's 2012-13 rosters
5. Winning Eleven 6 FE patched **2012 transfer window*** update....kick @SS
Old 07-08-2013, 05:05 AM   #11
Just started!

OVR: 1

The graphics still astound me. They look dated now, but if you stick in a Madden game from the same era the difference is mind boggling.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2013, 11:01 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 14

#$%^&*

I really REALLY wish they would put this game on PSN, I would buy in a heartbeat!

I've been playing NCAA '14 since release day, and while nice and also that college fball is my favorite sport by far, I would easily take 2K5 anyday.
Old 07-22-2013, 12:14 AM   #13

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by buickbeast
#$%^&*

I really REALLY wish they would put this game on PSN, I would buy in a heartbeat!

I've been playing NCAA '14 since release day, and while nice and also that college fball is my favorite sport by far, I would easily take 2K5 anyday.
Thats techinically a re-release which would require them obtaining the NFL license.
Old 07-30-2013, 03:47 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 1

Stats...postgame, pregame...weekly wrap up....love that game. My PS2 died and lost my 2k5 over the years.

DAMN I want to play again...bid on Ebay for $1.25 - I think my son's PS3 is back compatible.

Last edited by rtkiii; 07-30-2013 at 03:51 PM.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:06 PM   #15
Banned

dhahn99's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtkiii
Stats...postgame, pregame...weekly wrap up....love that game. My PS2 died and lost my 2k5 over the years.

DAMN I want to play again...bid on Ebay for $1.25 - I think my son's PS3 is back compatible.
It is backwards compatible with the 360 as well and I know that you can get rosters on the 360. You can get rosters on PS2 but im not sure if it is ps2 or ps3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2013, 12:40 PM   #16
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

I'm not 100% sure this belongs in this thread, but I thought it was pretty interesting and seems like one of the "little things":

I am replaying the entire 1984 season- every game. I choose my team by coin flip. I have a pretty competitive nature, so I strive to win even with the teams I don't care for and against the teams I like. I have few house rules, but I don't shift my d line and try to keep it somewhat real.

Two things I noticed last couple games:

1. When the announcers were introducing the teams I was playing (Dolphins vs. Colts), they made special mention of the offensive lines. They talked about the Colts line being undersized, but quick (they got the undersized part right) and then mentioned the Dolphins line being a superior pass blocking unit. They really nailed that one, as they suck at run blocking, but they do well with pass blocking.

2. This isn't really a little thing, but I was the Bills and I was going against the Jets in week 4. Both teams lost their starting QBs, the Bills lost Joe Ferguson in week 1 and the Jets lost Ken O'Brien week 3. I was the Bills. Joe Dufek, a pretty lousy QB for the Bills, had been tearing it up against me the past few weeks filling in for Ferguson, and he started out on fire again when I used him this week. I can't explain it. He is rated poorly and so are all the receivers, yet somehow they manage to get wide open. Well, I scrambled in the second quarter and down goes Dufek. In comes QB #3- Mark Kofler. What does he do? He destroys the Jets secondary, throwing 70%, 144 yards, 1 TD and no INTs. The definition for managing the game. He even made player of the game. While it only makes the Bills 1-3 on the year (they are a pretty terrible team all around), Kofler will get his chance to shine as both Ferguson and Dufek sit for another 7 weeks.
For those of you familiar with the time frame, I put former Giants QB Scott Brunner under a 1 year contract to back up Kofler.

While it's not a little thing, it is the depth of the game that I love. I am pretty old and old school, so the fancy graphics of the newer games don't mean a heck of a lot to me. Plus, having made (and re-edited before playing the season) the 1984 roster, I feel like I know every guy on every team, which helps with the scouting reports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »