Home

Roster updating problem for original Xbox

This is a discussion on Roster updating problem for original Xbox within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-24-2012, 06:23 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Roster updating problem for original Xbox

Hi Folks,

Been reading a lot on here and was eager to get some rosters updated, but have hit a snag.

After downloading rosters as zip files and opening them through Finn's Editor, then saving them again, I created desktop shortcuts.

But, using a used action replay and memory card I got on Amazon, I can't drag the files to the PC database. I get the message "This is not a valid Xbox save."

I saw a message from Dolphin26 on an old thread saying to test the stable Victory Concepts updated file from 2005. I did and got the same message, so I don't think the files are the problem.

Now, I'm using Vista, but it's a 32-bit, not 64. From my research on here, it seems like 32-bit Vista has worked for folks, but not 64. I tried one of the workarounds I saw on here, but it didn't work.

Was hoping someone could help me figure this out, as I spent $20 on the used Action Replay and have tried getting this done for a while, but haven't been able to. (Also found that some old things that were on the PC Database part of AR would not transfer to the Memory Card.)

If someone could please give me specific, step by step directions, I'd appreciate it. Thanks very much. Also much appreciation to the folks who have done all these rosters. They look great. Just hope to be able to use them.

Last edited by nyer11; 01-24-2012 at 06:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2012, 09:32 AM   #2
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Roster updating problem for original Xbox

Not sure if I got the gist of what you said in the beginning, but you don't need to open the zip files at all to transfer them. They are ready to go zipped. Just drag the whole zip file over to the card. If you get the "circle with the slash" sign, you probably have to turn off the User Account Control. Most Vista people I've run across have had to do that with that OS.

That is pretty much all the help I can give you though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »