Home

I need some HDTV help

This is a discussion on I need some HDTV help within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-27-2003, 03:04 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 1
Re: I need some HDTV help

Quote:

deez said:
Quote:

gooberstabone said:
Thanks. So how much does the xbox pack cost? How about the Monster cables? I've heard they make a difference, but do they really? And do you set the 16:9 and 720p in the dashboard?

I know this is only indirectly related to ESPN football, but nobody would view the other forum. if I posted it there.

-- Goob

You don't need the Monster brand of cables. Just get some acoustic research component cables. The difference between decent (meaning most you find in the store) component cables is minor at best...and trust me I know from experience. I have compared a few ranging from like 30 buck cables to 250 buck cables.

I think the hd xbox pack is like 25 bucks. well worth playing xbox games the way they are supposed to be played.

So everything I'll need to hook up my Xbox to my new TV is in the HD pack? Cool. That's fine for me, 'cause I'm broke now!
Old 08-27-2003, 03:18 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

bdunn, i feel you man, my tv is the same way...won't do 720p and won't upconvert

classified.. if your tv doesn't upconvert the only way that it will show is if you're set-top-box..example(my directv receiver) upconverts the 720p to 1080i...too bad i can't plug my xbox into that so it would upconvert
Old 08-27-2003, 04:43 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 13

How would you know if your tv upconverts to 1080i because I would love to play ESPN in 720p? BTW has anyone who has a widescreen tv tryed to play NCAA 2004 with the PS2 on 16:9, why is it so streched and what does the 16:9 in the video setting for NCAA 2004 do?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2003, 05:08 PM   #12
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

your game is stretched because EA does not make their games in widescreen.

you can enable widescreen...but that just stretches the 4:3 image

deja vu all over again
Old 08-27-2003, 06:20 PM   #13
GATA

bdunn13's Arena

OVR: 19

No, if I don't enable ws on ps2, then the image IS stretched. You do get to see more of the field on the ps2. I don't know about on the box.
Old 08-28-2003, 05:20 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

Hm! Since we seem to be talking about HD and all; out of curiousity (and it's probably way out of the league of HD or what not) has anyone used that gizmo that's floating about on web sites for some kind of XBox-On-Your-PC-Monitor adapter? Kind of like a VGA box of sorts (unofficial, I think) similar to what the Dreamcast has?

I've heard mixed things about this. Some folks I talk to say HD is superior (in which case, I'm a bit leaning towards such), whereas a few other folks I've talked to insist that a high end PC Monitor gives off outstanding results. Anyone care to help out?
Old 08-28-2003, 06:16 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 5

I have both, the High Def pack and the VGA adapt and I can tell you without a doubt the High def pack is better. For whatever reason the colors appear more washed out on my monitor and their is what I call ghosting of images where you will see almost like double vision of the images on the screen. It is not bad, but is noticable.
Also, considering the high def pack is only $19.99 and the vga box is 30-50 it is a better deal money wise as well.

good luck.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2003, 06:19 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 5

While we are on the subject has anyone with the high def pack had problems with blue (almost like triangles) image tears appearing on your screen. I think for me it mainly happens in the areas where there is white in the background.

It happens to me every now and then. Sometimes it is just some small ones and other times we are talking half the screen. Oh and no I do not have mental problems that cause me to see blue flashes

Thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »