Home

Still the Champ

This is a discussion on Still the Champ within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-12-2009, 02:34 AM   #49
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: Still the Champ

Reading the comments about the Dreamcast brought back some memories. The whole reason I even bought one was because I played the in store demo of NFL 2K and liked it so much, I bought the system and the game on the spot. Too bad it burned out a few years ago, as I still enjoyed playing some of the games on it.

Realistically, 2k5 did a lot of things right, but, it did have its flaws as well. However, the things it did right were done well enough to mostly cover up for what it did not do so well. A lesson in there somewhere.

I think Madden does deserve a look this year since it has a lot more to offer than what is in the demo from what I have read.

I will say though, a few of the games I am really looking forward to are: Batman: Arkham Asylum (Really Liked the Demo), NHL 10 (will be the best Sports game 3 years running, maybe up for G.O.T.Y.), Bioshock 2(the first one was Excellent, I see no reason why this one will not be just as good, if not better), and Drake's Fortune 2(I really liked the first one alot.).
Old 08-12-2009, 03:51 AM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 3

You guys are like a bunch of old men sitting around the woodstove lamenting about the good old days....

...but I get your point. I purchased 2K2, 2K3, ESPN NFL Football, and ESPN 2K5 along with the Maddens and remember the differences between games, especially 2K5. After going between 2K5 and Madden I stayed with 2K5 because of the gameplay and the options the game had. Hell even the uniforms were better in 2K5.

My best moment was beating a coworker at 2K5 (who only played Madden) and telling him "This is real football." Even though I have moved onto next gen and will be buying M10, I dusted off 2K5 to get a feel for the gameplay and it is still as good as ever.

I am glad some people still keep this game alive and hopefully we will get to see another NFL 2K game.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:30 AM   #51
Banned

OVR: 4

even though i was convinced this was a madden 2010 season year for me, recent events have caused me to start up another nfl 2k5 season and pass on madden 2010. the various rosters available for 2k5 really make it enjoyable, even still
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2009, 12:43 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 49

I guess Im just otseeing whatmakes Madden 2010 amust buy next gengame.....graphics? Because everything else in Madden has been done better in 2k5 for my tastes!
Old 08-12-2009, 12:54 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseronkath
I'm having a hard time avoiding the urge to pick up Madden 10 this year. It pains me to say this, but I'm....bored with 2K.

You're not the only one. I'm ready to play in the NEW Cowboys stadium..........as well as the other new stadiums that have been built since 2005.

2k5 is great, but for me, it's finally run its course. I'm ready to move on to next-gen football, and from the looks and sounds of things, Madden may finally be there........
Old 08-12-2009, 01:12 PM   #54
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Ok.... but when you guys come back here after your test run.... be humble!
Old 08-12-2009, 01:23 PM   #55
Banned

OVR: 15

For those who are still going to buy Madden and try it out, I thought it looked pretty good and was overall impressed after watching the playoff game that Ian had between the Ravens and Titans that was posted on YouTube. I must have watched that entire game at least four times before I got Madden but the sad part is that I had more fun, excitement and enjoyment from watching that video than I did playing the actual game itself.

That sums it all up right there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2009, 01:29 PM   #56
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
For those who are still going to buy Madden and try it out, I thought it looked pretty good and was overall impressed after watching the playoff game that Ian had between the Ravens and Titans that was posted on YouTube. I must have watched that entire game at least four times before I got Madden but the sad part is that I had more fun, excitement and enjoyment from watching that video than I did playing the actual game itself.

That sums it all up right there.
I've been watching video after video, mainly the ones here by users who have the game, not the E3 or Alpha builds, and I feel like you did------I'm tired of watching, and ready to play. I already know not to expect the commentary and/or presentation to be head and shoulders above 2k5's (I don't think that'll ever happen, to be honest) but the overall gameplay looks to be dramatically improved over year's past...I shall see come Friday.

And if, it's a huge letdown yet again, I'll be the first to eat some humble pie.

Peace..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »