Home

Just got it

This is a discussion on Just got it within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-07-2009, 05:49 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 26
Just got it

Just got the game today after reading about all the hype and always being a madden fan. I have played 2k4 though.
But anyways hints and tips on this game in all aspects would be appreciated please
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2009, 11:56 AM   #2
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Just got it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanchez_Mareno
Just got the game today after reading about all the hype and always being a madden fan. I have played 2k4 though.
But anyways hints and tips on this game in all aspects would be appreciated please
Good choice.

As far as hints and tips, that depends on what you're looking for. You have to keep in mind that there are years of threads here and many different things have been discussed already, so you may wanna search first.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:39 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Just got the game today
me too! and i bought it for 80 cents too, haha.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:19 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 26

Dam i paid 10 bucks
Old 05-08-2009, 03:27 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Dam i paid 10 bucks
what!?!? where did you buy it. should have went to gamestop and they sell used ones for under a $1. Is yours used or new? if its new, then its not that bad of a price but if it was used you got ripped off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2009, 05:28 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Gamestop was out when I went...I got mine at FYE brand new for 5 bucks....

Best gaming money spent over the past 6 months: NHL Hitz 2003: 3$, NHL Hitz Pro: 10$, ESPN 2k5 5$, APF2k8 10$ Grand total: 28$ for 4 games that I've spent at least 50 hours over that span playing.
Old 05-09-2009, 07:15 AM   #7
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Dam i paid 10 bucks
I got APF 2k8 for 10 and this for 5 i think.

And I would recommend using Bill's Sliders that can be found on the sliders page. I just made slight tweaks to his and have been pretty happy so far.

And when you use his sliders, 40 = all the way to the right, 20 = half way, 0 = all the way to left.
Old 05-09-2009, 02:03 PM   #8
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

I bought mine when it was new. I think I may need another copy soon. I played that game so much that despite how good of care I take of my things, this game is worn out.

The best tips I can give, play the basic training and spend a lot of time in "the lab" [practice mode.]

there are pros and cons to this game and will alter your experiance. Scrambling with the QB is way too easy for example. I remember when I used to play the game on my Xbox pressing the Y button when the opposing team's QB's arm went back to throw to make my secondary make "agressive" plays on the ball. I remember playing in practice mode and having the same play run over and over again and noticing that when timed right defenders attacked the ball better when you did that. I play as the D-line almost exclusively though I don't know if that works on any position. I know that when I press Y my player puts his hand[s] up to swat the ball and I think that is a signal of sort for the d to attack. Conversely, I found that on pump fakes, your team bites hard and can leave recivers wide open.

It may all be in my mind, but I could sware that made a difference. I do remember playing against people online back in the day who were constantly agressively stopping/swatting my passes and by doing a pump fake [doubletapping the reicver's button] that my real throw would be to a wide open player. Seems to me like this was becasue of the agressive Y buttoon thingy.

there are some serious problems with PI not being called in this game. Many times you will have players 5 yards past the LOS fighting befgore and after the throw and no illegal touching or PI for either the WR or DB is called, but if a reciver runs into a defender slightly impeeding his route when they are not in a fighting animation, it is an auto PI for the D.

The game isn't perfect, but it is very good. Funny to me how bad man coverage in Madden is and how bad zone coverage in 2k5 is. It often seems like in zone in 2k5 players have the mind set of "yep george, this is my zone, not gonna let no one do anything in my zone george..." and ignore the entire world around them, like the ball comming right at them in a cover 3 over the top against a lob that would be an easy pick... or the QB scrambling right past [and next to] the defender in a cover 2 zone under...

Also, Madden plays the deep ball much better. too many times the defender in 2k5 does some stupid loopdy-loop and lets the reciver have several steps on him for an easy TD, or just overtly has PI virtually tackling the reciver.

Lastly, i hate how many times recivers drop nice touch passes that are wide open bouncing off of them with out getting hit. "BOING!"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »