Home

I found the answer to sim stats vs. in game stats

This is a discussion on I found the answer to sim stats vs. in game stats within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-04-2008, 01:15 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 14
I found the answer to sim stats vs. in game stats

Its so simple we have all overlooked it.

There are alot of details to my editing but here are some rough guidelines-

Edit the best qbs to 110-127 in the major attributes, then the others down from there...i like a wide spread with the scrubs around 70-80.
(Unitas at
127 pass read, ldr, comp,
125 pass acc,
98 con,
arm strength 95...

then
Trent Dilfer at
77 pass read,
78 ldr,
79 comp
79 pass acc,
77 con.
92 arm strength.

See what i mean?

Next set the top five dbs to 115 in coverage and down from there.
make sure its a wide spread where lets say starks and Mcallister of the ravens are at 111 and the scrubs are at 61 or so in coverage.
95 max in agility and con...

WRs at MAX of 95 con, 98 agility, 125 catch and route down about 50 pts lower for scrubs.

you will get simmed stats in a season that are a little high for qbs, but when you actually play some of the games your simmed stats and played games will even out to a realistic statistical level overall.

Now in game, all you do is set the sliders to max in catching, passing and running (blocking close to max) and zero in tackling, coverage and pursuit.
ALSO go to the teams you have for the game you want to play and adjust the gameplan.

offense run/pass=20
pass short/deep=32
defense run/pass=0
defense man/zone=0
cover short/deep=40
run in/out=your preference
blitz=20.

NOTE THAT THE GAME APPLIES RANDOMNESS SO THE WAY TO COUNTER THIS IS TO USE A WIDE SPREAD IN RATINGS SO A SCRUB WILL NEVER DO AS WELL AS A HALL OF FAMER.

Also in editing I found out with Capa's help that some players are pre-rated as supermen that you MUST edit down to the 70's to be realistic...more on that in the coming weeks.

I played several CPU vs. CPU games with the 1984 dolphins vs. 92 cowboys and in one sample game, Marino and Aikman had 6 TDS and ZERO ints between them!!!!
playbooks: colts for dolphins (36 pass, 16 run), general for cowboys (32 run, 32 pass).
8 minute quarters.

I have been working on capa's historic rosters (kudos to him for great work) for over a month to help make all the teams perform as they actually did. (84 dolphins pass game is amazing with clayton and duper as speed demon catching machines, run defense sucks, bad tackling, etc.
Oilers can run great but mediocre in other areas, etc...)

I am finally almost done with arguably the 32 best teams since the '66 packers in a franchise file for us to play as a 16 game season.

stay tuned.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2008, 10:15 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: I found the answer to sim stats vs. in game stats

I have a question about your gameplan sliders. They only go to 20, but you have one at 32, another at 40. What are they suppose to be? Next question is, why is run/pass at 20? I have always been under the impression that if you want the CPU to run more you move the slider towards run. See in my way of thinking and the way I read the manual if you move it to 20 then you have moved it all the way to the pass side which should mean more pass, less run. Have I been wrong all this time?
Old 02-05-2008, 12:09 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 14

sorry i should have explained but had no sleep last night due to coming home at noon from an all night flight from the super bowl...

the offense run/pass=20 is for the 84 dolphins with Marino- a pass heavy team. For run heavy teams of course set it at zero.

Zero is all the way left, 20 is center, 40 is max (right).

I will start working on this again after I get some sleep.
Old 03-05-2023, 06:01 PM   #4
Just started!

OVR: 0

Thanks for posting this. I had the same thought process but wasn’t sure.
Old 03-05-2023, 06:19 PM   #5
Just started!

OVR: 0

Thanks for posting this. I had the same thought process but wasn’t sure.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »