Home

2k5 is now backwards compatible

This is a discussion on 2k5 is now backwards compatible within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-27-2007, 04:52 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: 2k5 is now backwards compatible

Hell of a BDay present for me....on my way now to pick it up now!!
Old 11-27-2007, 04:55 PM   #58
MVP

OVR: 13

I was playing this earlier on the 360, on my 24" LCD 1080p monitor, 1920x1200, through VGA.

Few things:

Very rarely, the text appears odd. For example, "Celebration" in the menu has some weird holes in the text. But when you highlight it they dissapear, so just a minor gripe.

A big thing though that stuck out like a sore thumb, and you'll notice immediately when you get in the game, is that the AA is so bad (or just the emulating) that you can't even see the field markers 10-20 yards down the field. Very strange, although it's just a distance issue. But mainly it's like, say you're at the 10, the 30 and 40 and beyond you can't see the lines. But you do a play and get to the 20, you can easily see the 30 and such, but the 50 and beyond is once again dissapeared.

Not really a big issue, I got over it after about 5 minutes of play, but just strange when you first go in game.

And about rosters..

I have a Datel XChange 360, and I tried all morning to find a solution to get Rosters to the 360 (including Xplorer360), but had no luck. Is there atleast one person on here that could .z36 some files for the community so we could just swap it to our 360 cards and load, instead of everyone having to claw their hair out trying to convert them manually?

Last edited by Von Dozier; 11-27-2007 at 04:58 PM.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:59 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 1

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

REAL FUCCIN FOOTBALL IS BACK YA DIG!!!!!

DOES ONLINE WORK???
Old 11-27-2007, 04:59 PM   #60
Pro

OVR: 5

what monitor do you have? does it the black bars on the bottom when in 1080p? thanks

got my copy of 2k5 on ebay for 6 bucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
I was playing this earlier on the 360, on my 24" LCD 1080p monitor, 1920x1200, through VGA.

Few things:

Very rarely, the text appears odd. For example, "Celebration" in the menu has some weird holes in the text. But when you highlight it they dissapear, so just a minor gripe.

A big thing though that stuck out like a sore thumb, and you'll notice immediately when you get in the game, is that the AA is so bad (or just the emulating) that you can't even see the field markers 10-20 yards down the field. Very strange, although it's just a distance issue. But mainly it's like, say you're at the 10, the 30 and 40 and beyond you can't see the lines. But you do a play and get to the 20, you can easily see the 30 and such, but the 50 and beyond is once again dissapeared.

Not really a big issue, I got over it after about 5 minutes of play, but just strange when you first go in game.

And about rosters..

I have a Datel XChange 360, and I tried all morning to find a solution to get Rosters to the 360 (including Xplorer360), but had no luck. Is there atleast one person on here that could .z36 some files for the community so we could just swap it to our 360 cards and load, instead of everyone having to claw their hair out trying to convert them manually?
Old 11-27-2007, 05:03 PM   #61
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!11 Just called all the stores around my way and they said all game that are under 07 for the XBOX were trashed, that means I may not find NFL2k5/MVP05 anywhere but ebay.
A week or two ago someone posted something gamestop trashing all games <$2. I went to my local store and that did seem to be the case as I didn't see NFL 2K5 or any of the old sports games that I have seen for a buck or two.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2007, 05:07 PM   #62
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Here's 20 copies, from used to new:

http://product.half.ebay.com/ESPN-NF...oQQprZ30854506
Old 11-27-2007, 05:09 PM   #63
Banned

OVR: 17

I've seen the game at all the Gamestops in my area recently when I was scouring for COD4 at launch. Funny to me ,though, that for so long so many people whined and complained that they couldn't play 2K5 on the 360 and would say it's all about the gameplay and presentation and all that and now that it's BC i'm seeing people say the game is "unplayable" because it doesn't have updated NFL rosters. LOL.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:11 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 3

mvp 05 was on the original list, now i cant find it..xbox is playing games with my heart. love nfl2k5, but would've like mvp 05..another update in the spring...that will take forever

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »