Home

Replay Freezing Issues

This is a discussion on Replay Freezing Issues within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-15-2005, 08:33 PM   #1
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49
Replay Freezing Issues

I played this game for quite some time back home and loved it. I brought it with me to college this fall and that's when the problems began.

Almost every time I try to play a game in my franchise mode, the game freezes. It always hangs up at the exact same place: the replay where the background is a zoomed-out shot of the stadium with a smaller box where the replay runs, alongside a graphic overlay showing some sort of statistics. It freezes right before the replay and graphics are about to pop up, and if any commentary is running, it will repeat in an endless loop.

I've tried almost everything I can think of to fix the problem. I got another used copy of the game. That didn't work, so I went to Best Buy and bought a brand new copy. Didn't fix it. Started a new franchise with default rosters. Still no fix. Switched the slim PS2 I was using for an older PS2. Still didn't fix it. Every time I see that particular replay come up, I try to press X or Start to skip it, and that seemed to work for two games, but my last game it froze there anyway.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas on how to fix it? I'm playing on a 26" Philips widescreen, I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. But it always worked back home on my 27" regular Sony. It's so frustrating because I am having a blast playing my franchise... until it freezes up. The only thing I can think of is turning off the replays in the Presentation menu, but only as a last resort, because the replays and cutscenes are a big part of what makes the game great.

Thanks for any help,
-Ryan

Last edited by rspencer86; 11-15-2005 at 08:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »