Home

What is the basis for the "poor franchise" comments?

This is a discussion on What is the basis for the "poor franchise" comments? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-10-2005, 01:06 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
What is the basis for the "poor franchise" comments?

I've owned 2K5 since day one, and enjoyed every minute of it. Like an idiot, I didn't get into the franchise a whole lot since I was tweaking sliders and playing online pretty much the entire time since last year.
I see people often talk of 2K5's franchise being flakey and poorly implemented and I was wondering what most of the issues are?
I played through one season of franchise, and thought the contract structuring was ingenius, the draft and draft preparation worked very well and was well thought out, the weekly game prep was a neat idea and I used it, stats seemed to sim out almost perfect(with the exception of some, like tackles and whatnot), leauge leaders and stats in general were extremely easy to navigate and find, the ESPN integration was quite nice, and everything just all around seemed to work for me.
What bugs did I not see and what was so crappy that people feel the need to say 2K5's franchise was basically unusable?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2005, 01:43 PM   #2
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: What is the basis for the "poor franchise" comments?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRooster
I've owned 2K5 since day one, and enjoyed every minute of it. Like an idiot, I didn't get into the franchise a whole lot since I was tweaking sliders and playing online pretty much the entire time since last year.
I see people often talk of 2K5's franchise being flakey and poorly implemented and I was wondering what most of the issues are?
I played through one season of franchise, and thought the contract structuring was ingenius, the draft and draft preparation worked very well and was well thought out, the weekly game prep was a neat idea and I used it, stats seemed to sim out almost perfect(with the exception of some, like tackles and whatnot), leauge leaders and stats in general were extremely easy to navigate and find, the ESPN integration was quite nice, and everything just all around seemed to work for me.
What bugs did I not see and what was so crappy that people feel the need to say 2K5's franchise was basically unusable?
Well I know that in franchise there were a lot of trades, even in the prseason, some players beeing trade were players you know the team would not trade in real life. Thats really the only problem I had with the game in franchise mode. Plus how many minuets did you leave the sim quater on in your franchise?
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 08-10-2005, 01:47 PM   #3
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Two things just off the top of my head:

1) The cpu's trade logic was just plain loopy. It was not uncommon to see teams like the Packers trading Brett Favre several weeks into the season when they had no viable alternative on the roster, or teams like the Colts trading for another qb when they already had Manning.
2) Weekly prep was a major pain in the neck, and the effects on your team were often wildly unpredictable.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:47 PM   #4
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRooster
If you're having fun in Franchise Mode, Why in the HELL would you care ?!? Just keep playing and enjoying yourself, man. That's what it's all about anyway.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:50 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
Well I know that in franchise there were a lot of trades, even in the prseason, some players beeing trade were players you know the team would not trade in real life. Thats really the only problem I had with the game in franchise mode. Plus how many minuets did you leave the sim quater on in your franchise?
Ah, I see. I'll have to watch for crazy trades then, I could see how that would be annoying if you're trying to sim a somewhat realistic season.
I think my sim was on 4 minutes, maybe 5, I forget. Whatever made the computer teams have around 300-350yds of offense and I took a look at player stats to make sure they were close. I know if you were one minute too high, quarterbacks would have 360yd games consistently, so I think it was 4 minutes and they'd have 30-40passes and the RBs would have 20-30runs, depending on the team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2005, 01:53 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanobi
If you're having fun in Franchise Mode, Why in the HELL would you care ?!? Just keep playing and enjoying yourself, man. That's what it's all about anyway.
That's true, I was just wondering what people think of as "bugs".
Old 08-10-2005, 01:55 PM   #7
Th* N*w F*c* *f D**th

MNOFSTEEL34's Arena

OVR: 9

since the game has been out for over ayear..has anyone really came up with a descent set of sliders
Old 08-10-2005, 02:58 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

fixing the loopy trades can be accomplished a number of ways

-injury slider
-turning off preseason
-turning off weekly prep

the only real problem I have with franchise mode is that in the first round of the draft, the CPU teams NEVER EVER draft a LB, DB, WR, or TE. Moreover, because alot of generated rookie DB's are really good (almost 1/3 have excellent speed and/or cover ratings), you can almost always turn a sloppy seconday team around in one year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »