Home

EA Secures Rights to NFL

This is a discussion on EA Secures Rights to NFL within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-13-2004, 06:55 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: EA Secures Rights to NFL

Can't they make an Nfl Football game, just like how they make college hoops and we just put in the names, logos and other things that's missing. one problem is only die hard football fans would do this, casual guys would just be lazy causing espn to lose sales, the last madden game i played was 2004, i can't really say i hate a company, but taking out compitetion is wrong, now people are forced to buy a half finished game, i try any company out if their product is good, but ea has let me down in the past and sega sports football series was one the best, the folks down at EA knew that sega was coming hard again this year at them so they decided to take them out the equation, but i think sega can still do everything to improve for 2k6 and all we have to do is edit the logos, jersey's and player names and we can still play it.
Old 12-13-2004, 06:56 PM   #34
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17

this is unbelievable. we just have to look at the nascar games. dirt to daytona was one nice game and now we get nascar lite with EA. i dont like nascar in real life but the games were fun.....until EA took over.

i will never buy another game from them again.

they are smart business wise because most people wont care. but it really hurts the future quality of sports video games.
Old 12-13-2004, 07:00 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

This is just sad...really sad in a lot of ways. Sad because us as fans now have to buy madden or not have a NFL game to play. Sad that insted of EA steping up and making a "better" game, they take the bully approach and just buy out the competition. I guess when your scared you just buy your way out of a problem if you have the money.

Im sick to my stomach at this...us being video gamers have been delt a big blow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2004, 07:01 PM   #36
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReDALeRT2317
What's the big deal? Can't Sega just give EA a butload of money to get rights from them?
no. exclusive rights mean they dont want anyone else to have it. even if they did, ea wont make it worth it for sega to buy. they dont have to spend any money in development anymore. they wont have competition maybe even by this time next year.
Old 12-13-2004, 07:02 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Dont some of you guys who post here have connections at VC I would love to hear their reaction and what they might do .
Old 12-13-2004, 07:07 PM   #38
Older

luv_mist's Arena

OVR: 33
Lightbulb Re: EA Secures Rights to NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodster
There's a simple solution to this. Don't buy anymore EA games, I sure as hell won't. I'll still play NFL2k5 for the next 5 years. It doesn't affect me one bit.

But you want to know who started this all, "it was SONY". They purchased the rights to all Formula 1 games for the next 5 years and hence EA canned their F1 racing series. So in effect Sony gave the idea to EA that it can be done for the right price.
Ironically I didn't know that but Gran Turismo is just a great game to begin with. That's F1 racing right? I'm not really into racing that much but the 3rd installment was well worth the buy. Gave me more fun than any other racer.

Ironically, I don't exactly think that the game will suffer that much. I know that the upgrades will be nice at first possibly. The first two years I expect a nice upgrade percentage within the game. Kind of like how they made the playmaker for EA. Still, I'm sure that eventually the game will just degrade.

Of course, this may be like the expectation that we all expected from Lebron James or the NY Yankees, or the LA Lakers. We might be on the wrong spectrum of the mindset in figuring what will happen from this little merge of the two. We hear about the graphics and all. The gameplay might need the upgrade. They might work on the offensive and defensive. May be a great move and all. I say think about it. It may be the best thing. May even get a massive merge again for ESPN like Microsoft & VC. Hey, stuff can happen. Stuff can happen....
Old 12-13-2004, 07:08 PM   #39
Older

luv_mist's Arena

OVR: 33

For any quick connections, check the site

www.espnvideogames.com
Old 12-13-2004, 07:31 PM   #40
All Star

nkhera1's Arena

OVR: 16

why is ea going to sell their rights to espn?

Sad day for sports gamers.

here is a petition to sign if you want to, like i said i don't know how effective it will be but we can cetainly hope

http://www.petitiononline.com/nfleacon/petition.html

also this isn't about picking one game over another, its about us having the best options

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »