Home

It All Started Before the Big...BANG!: The Official Young Sheldon Thread

This is a discussion on It All Started Before the Big...BANG!: The Official Young Sheldon Thread within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-17-2019, 10:43 AM   #25

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: It All Started Before the Big...BANG!: The Official Young Sheldon Thread

Wasn't expecting that kind of ending for Young Sheldon. Simply just showing everyone elses life at the exact moment Sheldon was listening to the Nobel Prize stuff on radio.

For a split second I didn't realize what was going on. I didn't hear Leonards mom in that scene at first, so I thought they were randomly showing "flash forwards" with Sheldon growing up, and the Penny asleep scene was really just Missy. Surprising thing in credits, seems like Penny is only 4 years younger than the guys. Which would make Leonard/Sheldon in their late 20s by time BBT began.

People suggested it and I think it'd be a cool thing to have. We get a spinoff of sorts where the one show is about BBT characters as kids. Not a show about just 1 kid specifically, just each episode could contain one or more BBT character narrating the episode about moments from their childhood. So we could see Penny growing up on the farm, Leonard dealing with his mom, Howard maybe in episodes still with his dad and so on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2019, 06:23 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Wasn't expecting that kind of ending for Young Sheldon. Simply just showing everyone elses life at the exact moment Sheldon was listening to the Nobel Prize stuff on radio.

For a split second I didn't realize what was going on. I didn't hear Leonards mom in that scene at first, so I thought they were randomly showing "flash forwards" with Sheldon growing up, and the Penny asleep scene was really just Missy. Surprising thing in credits, seems like Penny is only 4 years younger than the guys. Which would make Leonard/Sheldon in their late 20s by time BBT began.

People suggested it and I think it'd be a cool thing to have. We get a spinoff of sorts where the one show is about BBT characters as kids. Not a show about just 1 kid specifically, just each episode could contain one or more BBT character narrating the episode about moments from their childhood. So we could see Penny growing up on the farm, Leonard dealing with his mom, Howard maybe in episodes still with his dad and so on.
Maybe that's what they were foreshadowing to. There was no reason to show the other kids when they don't live in the same state and don't know each other. It was either BBT is ending so when need to do something or maybe episodes will focus on them.

Why he is narrating, maybe this is the speech he never read.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
Old 05-17-2019, 06:27 PM   #27

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
Maybe that's what they were foreshadowing to. There was no reason to show the other kids when they don't live in the same state and don't know each other. It was either BBT is ending so when need to do something or maybe episodes will focus on them.

Why he is narrating, maybe this is the speech he never read.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
That's what I thought. His speech was gonna be him basically narrating young Sheldon, which would tie in both shows perfectly.

Perhaps he wins another Nobel in the future. The YS narration did mention him having kids, so that'd be years away.
Old 05-01-2020, 09:37 PM   #28

Majingir's Arena

First post in a year lol.

That was a big season finale. Probably their deepest one yet.

Next season onwards will definitely start setting up all these stories we heard from BBT and the eventual downfall of the Coopers.
Old 05-11-2024, 02:19 PM   #29

Majingir's Arena

For anyone still keeping up with this show, next week is the series finale! They'll be doing a spinoff of the spinoff, but I don't see it lasting more than a season or two (it's just a show revolving around Georgie and Mandy, meaning no Sheldon, Missy or Mary). Even if you haven't kept up with the show, the series finale next week and the latest episode this week are definite must watches if you have at least seen the show before.

Obvious disconnect between Young Sheldon and BBT in terms of stories (to be fair, BBT was obviously written without ever thinking there'd be a show about Sheldon's backstory). Biggest being Sheldon's grandma not being nearly as bad as they made her seem in BBT, similar with George/Mary's marriage (although, Young Sheldon was a show told from Sheldon's perspective so perhaps that's why?)

On Young Sheldon, doesn't seem like Mary ever clued in on any possible cheating George did, or wanted a divorce or anything. But in BBT, she seemed happy to be widowed in a way.

As for the series finale, the latest episode sets up the shows end in a huge way. It's funny how you knew it was coming the entire time but it's still shocking in a way (although I had it spoiled due to the finale episode titles).

Huge spoilers going into the finale
Spoiler
Old 05-17-2024, 12:12 AM   #30

Majingir's Arena

Those flashbacks during the funeral, George and Missys "daddy daughter date", that whole thing was well done.

There's stuff about the finale I liked and stuff I hated, overall it didn't feel like the series really ended outside of Sheldon going to Cal Tech
Old 05-20-2024, 04:23 PM   #31
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

I'm still watching this as well, I'm just a few episodes behind so I need to knock that out this week before its spoiled.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2024, 04:36 PM   #32

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
I'm still watching this as well, I'm just a few episodes behind so I need to knock that out this week before its spoiled.
Definitely don't read this thread or any info on the show if you don't want anything spoiled. The most talked about parts of the show are the things that'll spoil a lot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »