Home

DTV NFL Sunday Ticket?

This is a discussion on DTV NFL Sunday Ticket? within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-10-2008, 01:12 PM   #1
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21
DTV NFL Sunday Ticket?

EDIT: Post #25 bumps this topic back up for 2015:

I'm debating wether I should order it this year or not...

A few years ago, I considered it a neccessity, but in the part couple years the Thursday games (which I get), Saturday games, and the flex scheduling on the Sunday night game have all cut into it's usefuleness to some degree...

I skipped it last year and only really regretted not having a handful of times, which amounts to about $40.00 bucks a game! ($200.00 divided by 5-ish)

Since I went back to following the home market team most closely, it's also not as much of an issue...

Money isn't super-tight, but it's more of a factor in years past due to the increase in prices of the typical stuff: food, gas, beer, smokes...

On the other hand, I usually get interested in some out of market team that's having an unpredicted good run and love being able to tune in the OT games and nail biters (which the networks have also gotten better at cutting away to)...

Well, those are my thoughts, where do you guys fall on this purchase for yourselves?

Last edited by KingV2k3; 08-24-2015 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Bump
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2008, 01:53 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: DTV NFL Sunday Ticket?

I buy it for the 8 road games for the Jags since I'm out of market. I have season tickets so I go to all the home games, but I have to have it to see the away games. So no choice for me unless they charge too much.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:53 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

well its $270 this year plus the $99 if you want it in HD

Last edited by Jls24; 07-10-2008 at 01:56 PM.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:56 PM   #4
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jls24
well its $250 this year plus the $99 if you want it in HD
Wow, I think I paid $179.00 season before last...that's a big % increase, IMO...
Old 07-10-2008, 05:04 PM   #5
Banned

Laettner32's Arena

OVR: 28

Ya, this will be the first year I have not got the NFL package with my DTV. It's alot of money, and to be honest I don't utilize it enough to get my moneys worth. It was nice seeing all of Vince Youngs games here in Texas...but they show Titans games in Austin and not the Houston Texans anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2008, 05:50 PM   #6
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Gotta have it. My bro's a Bronco fan, I'm a Texans fan, and my Dad's a Rams fan and living in this hell known as Los Angeles, we don't get to see our games. Sunday Ticket is the only option seeing as how we would otherwise have to go to a sports bar every Sunday. Might as well watchin the comfort of your own home.

It's ridiculous to pay for Superfan though when we're already paying for the HD Package as is. If you can call DTV and say you want Sunday Ticket but think it's crazy to pay 100 for Superfan/HD on top, maybe they'll throw it in for free.
Old 07-10-2008, 05:56 PM   #7
goz
Rookie

OVR: 4

they have a deal going on now that if you sign up with DTV you get NFL Sunday ticket for free. Pretty cool because all I wanted was to sign up for DTV since our cable company sucks and got very expensive. So was a nice surprise to find out it's a special deal they are doing right now. Hopefully I'll like DTV better than my crappy Cable company.

Peace!
GOZ
Old 07-10-2008, 06:07 PM   #8
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by goz
they have a deal going on now that if you sign up with DTV you get NFL Sunday ticket for free. Pretty cool because all I wanted was to sign up for DTV since our cable company sucks and got very expensive. So was a nice surprise to find out it's a special deal they are doing right now. Hopefully I'll like DTV better than my crappy Cable company.

Peace!
GOZ
That's how DTV got me in the first place...still happier with them than any cable outfit I had previous...

But, as a long time subscriber, I'm no longer eligeable for the discounts...ugh...you'd think they'd reward us for loyalty...

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »