Home

Anyone have ATT Uverse TV?

This is a discussion on Anyone have ATT Uverse TV? within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-01-2008, 06:13 PM   #1
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Anyone have ATT Uverse TV?

I just got it on Thursday. Its pretty amazing. No lag at all when you change channels. I get about 200 channels, about 30 HD. All of this with internet is 94.99/mo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2008, 06:16 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Anyone have ATT Uverse TV?

You got me curious. More info:
NEW-TV
Old 03-01-2008, 06:19 PM   #3
D*st*ny

HiJumpr111's Arena

OVR: 19

I've had it since November. It definitely has its upside -- Channel selection, Price, Inclusion of Big Ten Network (a sore subject in my area), NFL Network, On Demand Options. But I have seen a major downside. The quality of the HD picture is horrendous at best when it is compared to my previous providers - Brighthouse, Dish and Direct TV.

Also, I have A LOT and I mean A LOT of trouble with the hardware. I have had to have two different level two techs out to replace hardware and as I type this, one of my ethernet wall ports that was installed initially is not functioning and a tech is on his way tomorrow.

Don't get me wrong, I like the product. It just has flaws. I will like it even more when Whole Home DVR become an option -- maybe Quarter 3 this year.
Old 03-01-2008, 06:21 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
I just got it on Thursday. Its pretty amazing. No lag at all when you change channels. I get about 200 channels, about 30 HD. All of this with internet is 94.99/mo
Nice to be able to record 4 programs at one time.
Old 03-01-2008, 06:24 PM   #5
D*st*ny

HiJumpr111's Arena

OVR: 19

One other downside.....you cannot watch two HD programs simultaneously. Probably not a big deal breaker if you have but only one HD set, but I like my games in HD, wifie likes movies in HD. Guess who wins?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2008, 06:31 PM   #6
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiJumpr111
I've had it since November. It definitely has its upside -- Channel selection, Price, Inclusion of Big Ten Network (a sore subject in my area), NFL Network, On Demand Options. But I have seen a major downside. The quality of the HD picture is horrendous at best when it is compared to my previous providers - Brighthouse, Dish and Direct TV.

Also, I have A LOT and I mean A LOT of trouble with the hardware. I have had to have two different level two techs out to replace hardware and as I type this, one of my ethernet wall ports that was installed initially is not functioning and a tech is on his way tomorrow.

Don't get me wrong, I like the product. It just has flaws. I will like it even more when Whole Home DVR become an option -- maybe Quarter 3 this year.
I don't have it, but a guy I know has it and he has had a lot of problems too. He basically got the service free for the first few months because of all the credits he got because of technical issues.

All of the early adopters have essentially been Beta Testing the product for ATT. They probably won't get all the kinks worked out until at least next year.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 03-01-2008, 06:33 PM   #7
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Had it since last July.

No issues, no problems. Love it, love the Internet, love the channels, and love the picture quality.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 03-01-2008, 06:34 PM   #8
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiJumpr111
One other downside.....you cannot watch two HD programs simultaneously. Probably not a big deal breaker if you have but only one HD set, but I like my games in HD, wifie likes movies in HD. Guess who wins?
That changes this month, it goes to 2/2 feeds.

The whole house DVR is being tested in Texas right now, so we'll have it soon, by the end of the summer is what I've been told by several techs.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »