Home

5 hour energy?

This is a discussion on 5 hour energy? within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-21-2007, 08:15 PM   #1
Banned

Laettner32's Arena

OVR: 28
5 hour energy?

anyone try this drink yet? does it work? I dont care for redbull, and it doesnt seem to do anything for me anyway. My wife is going out of town this weekend and I have both the boys to myself...Im gonna need some extra something to keep up with those 2. I dont really care for any of the soft drinks like mountain dew, or pepsi.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2007, 03:39 AM   #2
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: 5 hour energy?

I have been wondering the same thing. I like rockstar but i crash hard from them. I was at walgreens today and actually had it in my hand but didnt pull the trigger. maybe someone can enlighten us.
Old 09-22-2007, 03:45 AM   #3
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

A green monster and a green apple together does it for me.
Old 09-22-2007, 08:08 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 62

I've tried it and never noticed any increase in energy level. That and it takes like piss.
Old 09-23-2007, 09:05 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 13

Starbucks or a good coffeehouse of your choice-A fresh cup of the MEDIUM ,not the strong roast should do the trick,especially if you don't drink it alot. After all the years I've been drinking coffee,every kind ever made-a good fresh cup of medium roast(because it's not over burnt-which kills caffiene) can still do the job-good stuff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2007, 06:49 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 15
Location: Begins with a C, ends with an O and in the middle is HICAG.

This stuff works very well. I was talking to a friend of mine last night who is a big drinker of energy drinks, and he swears by this stuff. I never had it up until last night. A bunch of friends and I were going Whirlyballing and I was dead tired from working earlier that day. He throws me a "shot" and tells me to give it a quick shake and take it down.

Now I've tried alot of energy drinks, mostly Red Bull and Monster, and I've had big downers after an hour or two of drinking those, but with 5HE, I didn't experience any down time even after 5 hours. Now granted I was at the bars, so maybe the atmosphere had me adrenaline pumping, but for working 8 hours earlier that day with only 4 hours of sleep, it defintely did the trick. I was the most active out of our entire group.

I really think this is a great drink. The taste is ok. The first sip you take actually tastes good, think of like putting too much Tang powder in your cup with not enough water, but that last chug on the bottom, was nasty. It was completely bitter. I almost had a gag reflex, but managed to hold it in. No after taste except the first 20 seconds after chugging one.

I'm planning on buying a case (case is 12-13 bucks, whereas 1 is 3-4 bucks) and plan on drinking it at work. I'll let you guys know more after I've taken a couple more shots of the stuff.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:11 AM   #7
Gimme the Oscar, Friendo.

Chief Illinimac's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeeholic
Starbucks or a good coffeehouse of your choice-A fresh cup of the MEDIUM ,not the strong roast should do the trick,especially if you don't drink it alot. After all the years I've been drinking coffee,every kind ever made-a good fresh cup of medium roast(because it's not over burnt-which kills caffiene) can still do the job-good stuff.

Just relax, son, and have a cup of coffee...

Currently:
Asilos Magdalena by The Mars Volta
LOST Theme
The Rain Song by Led Zeppelin
Rage Against the Machine Acoustic Medley

Old 09-24-2007, 11:01 AM   #8
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Go with Vitamin Water.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »